Ouch, bet that hurt!

Was in Nottingham Magistrates, no not me done anything, friend of mine had to attend, honest :smiley:
Anyway, to the point of the post;
The case before my mates was a Polish driver working for a Northern Ireland company. Had got pulled by the Police last year, they found a shed load of charts in his vehicle and VOSA got involved. Apparently there were 6 false records and 8 offences of exceed daily driving or insufficient daily rest in one instance the bloke had driven for more than 30 hours without taking a proper daily rest :open_mouth:
The Judge was not amused and he got fines totalling £ 3 600, for some strange reason the driver didn’t look happy :exclamation:

Scary. The big question, of course, being whether this thread gets hijacked by the Irish-haters or the Pole-haters first. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Place your bets folks… :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally and utterly pointless exercise as the polish guy will just never be seen again :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

got speaking to a Polish Driver working for Nolans just north of Madrid last week and he had been fined 1500 euros and parked up for 45 hours as he only had 3 days of charts in truck and bless him he could not understand what he had done wrong :unamused:

I was speaking to a Polish driver, working for a Dutch company, on the boat on Thursday night.

He had been told by his company to drive 10 hours a day and have 10 hours off a night. They said he would be fine legally with that regime. :open_mouth: :unamused:
I tried to explain to him, in German, what the real hours laws are. I think he got it but my German isn’t that great. Alas, I couldn’t tell him where to find the info in German and his English was worse than my German, so the D of T site wouldn’t be a lot of help.

We all started off green. Some of us were lucky enough to get some training on drivers hours laws. Some of us had to learn by word of mouth from other drivers and what the boss told us.
If the boss tells you that something is legal and you don’t know any better, or have access, or know how to get access, to the proper gen’ ,in a language you can understand properly, how can you argue :question: :question: