Naughty Gilders Driver

m.cotswoldjournal.co.uk/news/146 … at_a_time/

As mentioned why was no one from Gilders getting charged they would have been fully aware what was going on but obviously a blind eye was turned. Still bet the driver earned some money out of it !

I can’t see why the company are not being charged but you can bet your life the TC won’t be so lenient.

bald bloke:
. Still bet the driver earned some money out of it !

Yeh that makes it alright then eh :unamused:
Say what you like mate, he’s a complete prick and I for one hopes he gets jailed for it.
In the old days it was just what you did, widespread and you got away with it. …I know, I did it. :bulb:
If that makes me hypocritical so be it, but I have grown up since those days, and see the job for what it is…ie.get as much out of a driver for minimum outlay, and if an unscrupulous company, hope it will encourage a driver to max out and beyond, as in Gilder’s knobhead’s case.

Times change, those days have gone, the industry has (almost) got cleaned up, and we do not want this type of prick taking us back to those days, if 15 hour days are not enough for these knob heads, there is something wrong, with them AND the job. :bulb:
■■■■ him I say, he’ll get no sympathy from me when he is eating porridge.

Did you not read the whole article Rob because he got six months suspended for a year and fined £500.

raymundo:
Did you not read the whole article Rob because he got six months suspended for a year and fined £500.

Tbh mate no I didn’t, maybe I should have.
All I saw was a driver trying to single handedly take us back to the 80s and got bored half way through.

So Christ knows how long he has got away with it, but I reckon that the 500 quid is a pittance to what he has made, so he’s hardly going to miss it, and the suspended sentence, in real terms aint really a hardship is it. So I reckon he’s laughing his ■■■■ off eh?
Should have lost his licence for being a public ■■■■ nuisance as well as a potential danger.
Cheers for pointing it out anyway.

Bet he had peekaboo curtains and tassles, eh Rob? [emoji8]

happysack:
Bet he had peekaboo curtains and tassles, eh Rob? [emoji8]

Well I’ve checked out his name but he aint in the TPCS (Truckers poofy curtains society) of which I’m a senior member. :wink:

Founder member i heard?

And thats why wages are crap ■■■■■■■■■ like that.

The judge also questioned whether Gilders Transport should also have been in court.

He was told the company may well face action from the transport regulators but they have not been prosecuted. Other drivers who had committed similar offences had also been charged, the prosecution said.

David Thomas, defending, said company representatives were at court to support Treharne ‘because they do feel, to an extent, some responsibility.’

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

raymundo:

All I saw was a driver trying to single handedly take us back to the 80s and got bored half way through.

So Christ knows how long he has got away with it, but I reckon that the 500 quid is a pittance to what he has made, so he’s hardly going to miss it, and the suspended sentence, in real terms aint really a hardship is it. So I reckon he’s laughing his ■■■■ off eh?
Should have lost his licence for being a public [zb] nuisance as well as a potential danger.

Won’t be the end of it though. He will almost certainly face a lengthy suspension of his vocational licence when the TC has him in for a chat.

Roymondo:

robroy:

raymundo:

Should have lost his licence for being a public [zb] nuisance as well as a potential danger.

Won’t be the end of it though. He will almost certainly face a lengthy suspension of his vocational licence when the TC has him in for a chat.

will he bollox…a bit of flak and happy days for the driver.he will have made so much that 500 is a drop in the ocean.and suspended means no penalty…rules are made to be broken,and not everyone works to the book.some of us actually like trip money etc,thugh apparently its only me on here surrounded by the sanctimonious many. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
rules are made to be broken,and not everyone works to the book.some of us actually like trip money etc,thugh apparently its only me on here surrounded by the sanctimonious many. :smiley:

People like you are the reason you and we get paid less than an Aldi shelf stacker but you’re too stupid to see it.

dieseldog999:
will he bollox…a bit of flak and happy days for the driver.he will have made so much that 500 is a drop in the ocean.and suspended means no penalty…rules are made to be broken,and not everyone works to the book.some of us actually like trip money etc,thugh apparently its only me on here surrounded by the sanctimonious many. :smiley:

wmtkey.jpg
icon175x175.jpeg

AND

81265816.jpg

A couple of pics for you DD…from Mr Sanctimonious :wink: :smiley:

Conor:

dieseldog999:
rules are made to be broken,and not everyone works to the book.some of us actually like trip money etc,thugh apparently its only me on here surrounded by the sanctimonious many. :smiley:

People like you are the reason you and we get paid less than an Aldi shelf stacker but you’re too stupid to see it.

DD is this months cover star on angling times.

tachograph:
I can’t see why the company are not being charged but you can bet your life the TC won’t be so lenient.

Does seem unusual. Wonder if the boss is in the Masons.

Judge Ian Lawrie QC told him he had put both human and animal lives at risk because he could have fallen asleep at any time and crashed his truck with disastrous results.

Think the animals lives are more at risk once they get to the slaughterhouse, not on the way there regardless of how many hours the driver has done.

I’m guessing the driver and whichever of the gilder clans lorry it was will be having tea and biscuits with the tc before long.
You would be better off driving with no card in or going over on your own as if you put someone else’s card in there is no denying you are setting out to break the rules.

I always thought that when carrying livestock (or perishable goods) you were tacho exempt anyway, presumably that has all changed in recent years?

Pete.