Only 4 years?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … years.html

not enough,any driver who does that should be banned for life if its his/hers fault,and jailed for a minimum 10 stretch

This was a tragic accident that’s all. Fiddle with your sat nav, phone, lighter, polo mints and you take your eye off the ball for milliseconds and things may happen - they may happen- thankfully for most of us they don’t.

As suggested 10 years for an accident is typical Daily Mail type drivel!

Driver took his breaks and was caught out with a tragic outcome. Poor guy will live with his actions for the rest of his life and see most of us do the same day after day with no consequences.

But you can not call this “Just another day at the office”

This was not a case of taking his eyes off the job for a few milliseconds - He was apparently “out of his seat and leaning across the cab”. He apparently chose to do this on the approach to a roundabout…

My point is that if the chap had been watching a film , as is far too common , he deserves what he got. But child abusers or people who go out with the intention of hurting someone don’t get 10 years so for a lapse of concentration/moment of madness it seems a bit harsh.

The judge makes no reference to the driver breaking any driving rules/regs so it’s likely that he didn’t…the Mail just print “driving across Europe for 13hrs” to make the story stand out because they are tossers.
Technically I have drove all around Britain for 20+hrs this week,but that doesn’t mean I haven’t taken breaks ect.
As for the accident,show me ANY HGV driver that hasn’t taken his eyes off the road for a spit second to grab his coffee,look at a delivery address ect ect and I’ll show you a liar.
A tragic accident,that yes could of been avoided.

Plambert:
This was a tragic accident that’s all. Fiddle with your sat nav, phone, lighter, polo mints and you take your eye off the ball for milliseconds and things may happen - they may happen- thankfully for most of us they don’t.

As suggested 10 years for an accident is typical Daily Mail type drivel!

Driver took his breaks and was caught out with a tragic outcome. Poor guy will live with his actions for the rest of his life and see most of us do the same day after day with no consequences.

causing someones death through dangerous driving can be a ten year sentence anyway,depends on the circumstances and the judge,but i will agree he does have to live with that accident for the rest of his life,plus he may not drive again anyway,

Of course he gets a discount for pleading guilty and showing remorse. He also has to live with what he did for the rest of his life, just as the victims family do.

What’s putting him in jail going to achieve ?
He will be in a closed prison till he gets allocated to an open prison 4 weeks at the worst in Armley waiting for a space in an open prison.
He will be out within a year on parole, no previous convictions etc.
Save the prisons for people who think about commiting crime then carry that crime out.

This man made a mistake the daily mail turned him into a killer lorry driver who had driven across Europe in 13 hours.
He leaned over to plug his nav in
He didn’t set out to kill anyone.

I know someone died but nobody set out with intent to kill her.
Think about what we do all day that could cause carnage.

Tuning the radio in having a bit of anxiety as you get closer to your delivery in a strange town strange country etc.
Then your lead falls out the nav.

He will probably come out of jail a smackhead as its to easy to get drugs in prison especially open prisons.

There is no rehabilitation in prison just disaster.

No concellation for the lady or her family but he has to live with it on his conscience and that lasts a lot longer than four years and is punishment enough in my book.

RIP Angela Knight.

bit of a contradiction of tems there with the usual gossipmongering headline making pish spouted by the tabloids…according to the newspapers,he drove 13 hours starting at 1 am,and took the legal breaks,so how does that work,apart from the usual 1 or 2 holier than though brigade on here,then every driver has done worse than that in reality.so there but for the grace of god etc…no doubt mentioning the …going to university,and about to get married bit meant the flipflop got crucified.but 4 years means 2 max.itl make no difference,and will just mean a total waste of uk money,expense and inconvenience,apart from the poor Taliban having to be locked up along with britains finest pondlife,though if its anything like Ireland,then he will not be short of local company.if they had given him a fine,suspended sentence,resit his test,and community service then it might have been more cost effective than getting snibbed up. no dount the relatives of the car mob would want him put down,but that’s just normal for anyone in a similar situation.just an unfortunate lapse of concentration at the wrong moment.and it could definitely just as easy be you or me.