SACKED well sort of

I started a new job 3 weeks ago under the terms of a month trail !
yesterday i was sacked/ layed off as a driver with bad attitude!!
I’d had a text message the night befofe asking Tom (who i thought was another driver) but turns out to ment tomorrow!! asking to put a box on the train before i take mt trailer to load ,so that went down like a leed balloon
then yesterday morning had to go to gullivers to collect a brand new truck boss was in their office sorting out paperwork told me to go check it over which i did, i then went back to the office and said in jest “some bugga has pinched the aircon switch off the dash”
boss gives me a dirty look and tells me he didnt speck them (there were 5 being collected) with air con
got back to the yard where he had a photographer waiting to take some pics of these trucks (by the way Mercedies Axor) old trucks were MAN TGX XXl
I was then invited to his office and was told that i was not need anymore I had failed my months probation
thank god for that i didnt fancy a week away in an Axor

so there we are out of work again anyone got a job for me as long as its not driving a AXor

Tramping in the summer no aircon to keep half the sweat off you no thanks. Sorry your out of a job seems some employers cant be kept happy recently.

Good luck in next one.

malcolmj:
I started a new job 3 weeks ago under the terms of a month trail !
yesterday i was sacked/ layed off as a driver with a bad attitude

no sense of humour these bosses have they? :smiley: hope you find a job soon pal! :wink: :grimacing:

Looks like your attitude got you the sack there then Malcolm … Look on the bright side though you didn’t want to drive the Mercedes-Benz Axor anyway did you.
So everyones a winner!

Danny27404:
Tramping in the summer no aircon to keep half the sweat off you no thanks. Sorry your out of a job seems some employers cant be kept happy recently.

Good luck in next one.

I never use it, prefer open window.

jessicas dad:

Danny27404:

Good luck in next one.

I never use it, prefer open window.

Oooooo no best thing since sleeper cabs.

Must admit, it’s extremely rare I use my aircon, but if the boss sacks you over that comment, then I think I’d rather be out of work too tbh, been sacked over less though - see my DAF NOT RAF post that got me sacked from my last job.

You’re right though, an Axor for a week away could be classed as employee abuse in my opinion :smiley:

Danny27404:

Good luck in next one.

would you jack a job in if the lorry didn’t have air con?

mickyblue:

Danny27404:

Good luck in next one.

would you jack a job in if the lorry didn’t have air con?

oh for air con! I was so ridiculously happy last summer when I found my cab had air con, shortly followed the folornness of realising it didn’t work :cry:

Seriously?

You’d rather be on the dole, than drive a truck without aircon - or more to the point, button your lip from time to time? :unamused:

No the air con was said in jest it was a bit disappointing to go from a TGX XXL to a Merc Axor, it reminded me of my very first brand new truck back in 1995 a Renault Manager also didn’t have aircon.
But the TM’s new 5 series has aircon or climate control if it’s good enough for him etc

I bet there are a few old codgers like me on this forum who would have liked to have a heater in the cab never mind A/C.
We just took the rags out of the holes in the floor to let a bit of cool air in if we got warm.

Russell.

good luck finding another job, though personally i would drive more or less anything rather then be on the dole, if only for a short while whilst looking for another job…

Tankerman:
I bet there are a few old codgers like me on this forum who would have liked to have a heater in the cab never mind A/C.
We just took the rags out of the holes in the floor to let a bit of cool air in if we got warm.

Russell.

I fit the old codger category. :smiley: :smiley:

renaultman:

Tankerman:

Russell.

I bet you are glad then that you are not having to work with all this modern stuff like digi tachos and H&S.
Get up in a morning, crack on a bit and do your work then have a bit of a kip after dinner before you find a phone box that works to ring in.
How often do you see a wagon driver having a kip for an hour on his rolled up sheets on the back of empty lorry nowadays, never, they are all chasing around trying to meet dead lines and delivery times.
I read the threads on this forum and shudder when I think what the industry has progressed (?) to.

I never turned the job down when I was told I had to drive a Scammell Highwayman instead of a Handyman and then set of to Dounreay from Shell Stanlow without heater.

Russell.

A certain tipper firm well known for fast lap times sacked a driver because he was too slow; Well, the reason was upsetting the flow (holding up the others who a crawl is 50 mph) and after being let go said driver contacted traffic commisioner about ex employers methods. He withdrew his complaint after a golden handshake though. :unamused:

Tankerman:

renaultman:

Tankerman:

Russell.

I bet you are glad then that you are not having to work with all this modern stuff like digi tachos and H&S.
Get up in a morning, crack on a bit and do your work then have a bit of a kip after dinner before you find a phone box that works to ring in.
How often do you see a wagon driver having a kip for an hour on his rolled up sheets on the back of empty lorry nowadays, never, they are all chasing around trying to meet dead lines and delivery times.
I read the threads on this forum and shudder when I think what the industry has progressed (?) to.

I never turned the job down when I was told I had to drive a Scammell Highwayman instead of a Handyman and then set of to Dounreay from Shell Stanlow without heater.

Russell.

I’m mebbe not quite as old as you, although I started in a Sed Atk 200. sleep across the seats, no night heater, never mind A/C. Used to work with lads who were happy to spend the week away in an FL10 (We only did occasional nights out)

Muckaway:
A certain tipper firm well known for fast lap times sacked a driver because he was too slow; Well, the reason was upsetting the flow (holding up the others who a crawl is 50 mph) and after being let go said driver contacted traffic commisioner about ex employers methods. He withdrew his complaint after a golden handshake though. :unamused:

He’ll be about as welcome as a dose of the clap then at any transport yard…i can never understand blokes who go grassing, a more guaranteed way to make yourself unemployable i can’t think of.

Juddian:

Muckaway:

He’ll be about as welcome as a dose of the clap then at any transport yard…i can never understand blokes who go grassing, a more guaranteed way to make yourself unemployable i can’t think of.

I can understand the reporting after being ■■■■ on, but his principles were bought off easily.

How about this one then : telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … -damp.html