Running spuds.

Got roped in to do spuds into the crisp factories next week. Never done it before so what’s it all about then ?.

Dunno, it’s never really apeeled to me

garnerlives:
Dunno, it’s never really apeeled to me

lmao
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hopefully you will make a right packet :laughing:

cockerill’s?

Just stick it on a bay, take away an empty. Cockerills have standing trailers so you don’t have to wait to be tipped.

Whenever I did them -(and it was a while back, but spuds are still spuds and crisps and frozen chips haven,t changed much, I would suspect)-it was straightforward. Into the factory. Then a QC person would come out, take a random sample of the taters. Go away, presumably to slice and fry them etc. Then if they were of the standard that they required. off they came. I did quite a few loads in my time, and never had one refused. I can,t remember ever being held up long enough to get stressed.Then it was Thank you and Goodbye. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Walker.s Crisps and McCains Chips , --There are other crisp and chip manufacturers–were both the same, usually not a big problem.

I’m told it’s bulkers, so won’t be dropping that on a bay ?.

Ex Haulier:

Yeah your right there mate, I did a few back loads from France years ago with a bulker for Walkers, no problems just how you caught it, if where you were tipping was busy you waited your turn, same as whatever you are tipping.

Ex Haulier:

I dont know about bulkers into factories but what ive seen its box trailers on bays and its tipped via jets of water. Maybe its different at other places but the factory i go to its done with water.

merc0447:

Ex Haulier:

I dont know about bulkers into factories but what ive seen its box trailers on bays and its tipped via jets of water. Maybe its different at other places but the factory i go to its done with water.

Don’t know about that one mate that’s a bit new to me, as I said it was a few years ago I did it, and it was all done with bulkers then or trailers with a belt in the middle that ran the spuds out into a hopper. Not wanting to sound to thick, but what do they do with it now, when you say boxes and water, do they blast it out with water or what?

place down near grantham you tip on a hopper into a shed and they have a channel that has water takes so many spuds away,
came off the spuds not that long ago nothing much has changed just make sure you put good spuds on the top layer when loading

I may be able to help :smiley: :smiley:
Dad does a lot into Seabrook Crisps crisps at Bradford he just goes in and if there are any emptys on the conveyor he just pulls it off and puts a loaded one on then the crisp people do the rest ie. pull sheet over connect electrics but i guess it depends on where ya tipping at
Taken @ Seabrook Crisps Bradford

No half baked answers there mate , short crisp answers , so long as you dont make a mash of it things should go in Harmony anya get tipped like a Rocket . It`s a Golden wonder.
Looks like the eyes have it , Wilja be doing those runs for an a Premiere firm ? :laughing:
As King Edward once said (so i heard from Charlotte) ,who could have been a Saxon,
wake up with the Rooster and Desiree your dreams of your own Accord. :laughing:

Buycrider:
Whenever I did them -(and it was a while back, but spuds are still spuds and crisps and frozen chips haven,t changed much, I would suspect)-it was straightforward. Into the factory. Then a QC person would come out, take a random sample of the taters. Go away, presumably to slice and fry them etc. Then if they were of the standard that they required. off they came. I did quite a few loads in my time, and never had one refused. I can,t remember ever being held up long enough to get stressed.Then it was Thank you and Goodbye. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Walker.s Crisps and McCains Chips , --There are other crisp and chip manufacturers–were both the same, usually not a big problem.

Case of Goodbye Mr Chips eh?
The old uns are alaways the best! LOL
‘Crazytrucker’

Gee .Thanks fer dat CT :laughing: :laughing:

As for that signature of yours. Crrrrrunch- cruuuunch–CRUUUUUUUNCH!! TFFT!!!. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:
Whenever I did them -(and it was a while back, but spuds are still spuds and crisps and frozen chips haven,t changed much, I would suspect)-it was straightforward. Into the factory. Then a QC person would come out, take a random sample of the taters. Go away, presumably to slice and fry them etc. Then if they were of the standard that they required. off they came. I did quite a few loads in my time, and never had one refused. I can,t remember ever being held up long enough to get stressed.Then it was Thank you and Goodbye Walker.s Crisps and McCains Chips , --There are other crisp and chip manufacturers–were both the same, usually not a big problem.

My experience too, random sample, wait for a ticket then tip it on bay one or two depending on quality, never had a load rejected, just weighed and sampled, plugged it in or skelled it up slightly, they try not to damage them as they slide down the body, hence the reason for the conveyor bulkers.

Buycrider:
Gee .Thanks fer dat CT :laughing: :laughing:

As for that signature of yours. Crrrrrunch- cruuuunch–CRUUUUUUUNCH!! TFFT!!!. :lol: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s the whole point, :smiley: when you can do a twin-splitter :smiley: there is no Crrrrrunch- cruuuunch–CRUUUUUUUNCH!! :smiley: TFFT! Box full of neutrals at times :blush: but next to no Crrrrrunch- cruuuunch–CRUUUUUUUNCH!! TFFT! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
‘Crazytrucker’

This is how the Germans tip spuds :wink:

Excellent that Inselaffe . 24 tonnes would be off in short order. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I believe that they got that idea from firing Doodlebugs at ar ouse during the war. :laughing: :laughing:

Inselaffe:

This is how the Germans tip spuds :wink:

Better not leave her ticking over when tipping :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: