Advice for potatoes tipper work

hi guys tomorrow ill be driving from east yorks to walkers■■? at telford. I have never done tipper work before and have no idea what to do… my truck also doesn’t have any tipping gear so I’m kinda lost as how to go about it… I’m then taking the load back to Scarborough…

help and advice needed please, :blush: :blush:

You sure it’s not a spud bulker?

I spent two years driving for a spud firm and they only had one tipping trailer, it was used for scraps and general muck.

Phantom309 is the man to talk to…I’ll see if i can message him and get him to pop in…

yourhavingalarf:
You sure it’s not a spud bulker?

I spent two years driving for a spud firm and they only had one tipping trailer, it was used for scraps and general muck.

whats the difference■■? I just asked our lass n she laughed as she knows there is a difference.

and no I’m not taking the p1ss before anyone starts

Have sent u a pm yorkielee

don’t spud trailers usually have a conveyer belt on the trailer to unload?

like this

maga:
don’t spud trailers usually have a conveyer belt on the trailer to unload?

like this

Yes they do and they don’t need a PTO to run it.

It’s why I think the OP is pulling a bulker not a tipper cos he’s got no PTO.

phantom309:
Have sent u a pm yorkielee

that’s what ill be taking I think

Maybe they’ll wash them out with hi pressure water jets, done that with carrots before

Where is PimpDaddy when you want him, or is carrot picking a different field? :open_mouth:

I know nothing about spuds, but when I watched a programme recently about the Walkers plant I was surprised when they said they floated the spuds off the trailer to stop them bruising…

Is there no topic a certain person won’t post on. I took 6 months off this forum because I got fed up of his endless waffle.

Looks like I’ll be taking longer off now.

He is the regular expert on ADR, paper tachos, potatoes vans and bendies. Knows all about every training school etc etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

I thought he was just bored when he developed a crack in his glass back.

Bye everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Is there no topic a certain person won’t post on. I took 6 months off this forum because I got fed up of his endless waffle.

Looks like I’ll be taking longer off now.

He is the regular expert on ADR, paper tachos, potatoes vans and bendies. Knows all about every training school etc etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

I thought he was just bored when he developed a crack in his glass back.

Bye everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair comment, have been thinking the very same.

Well…

What happened, where did you go, what was the trailer have you got half a bag of tatties in yer car boot?

yourhavingalarf:
Well…

What happened, where did you go, what was the trailer have you got half a bag of tatties in yer car boot?

Haha panic over as all I was doing was the traction. Drive over to a farm near Telford then back to my yard for another driver to take them on to Scarborough.

At least I know for next time if I have to take them it’s on a conveyer belt.

Thanks guys

Have you got half a bag of tatties in yer car boot?

yourhavingalarf:
Have you got half a bag of tatties in yer car boot?

:laughing: :laughing: ask me no questions I’ll tell you no lies

Irish mixed grill…

Fried potato, mashed potato, boiled potato, roast potato, sauted potato with chips.

:smiley: