Roundabouts

Yup those big handy circles that you go round what im talking about.

Why is when you come off slip roads you get in lane need to be and half way round some nugget decides he does’nt wanna sit behind you so over takes only for traffic lights to turn red then they slam on half way across lanes forces me to slam ankers on aswell. Its not just cars and vans theres alot of trucks do this to me specially the roundabout at west thurrock comming round from purfleet to head back onto m25 dartford they either undercut or go in far outside lane and jumping in at last second just to get round my truck.

Had a van do this last week i had the indicator going as usual in correct lane for where i was heading and he jumped in just before curb slamming on so i blasted my horn at him… light turns green he pulled off then i started to go he slammed brakes on purpose almost going in back end of him then he raced to next light only for it to be red and 2 lanes so being empty i caught him up and started to wind pass window down to call him a nob he flapped big time winding his up and ended up jumping red light to avoid the name calling lol

I pretty much calm and chilled out all time as never in rush but this roundabout over taking is starting to get dangerous

Hope you enjoyed your rant :slight_smile: - it’s a lot safer to let steam off on here rather than on the road :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
There is a book called ‘Mind Driving’ by Stephen Haley on the market and it might be worth a read.

Still never got to let the steam off on road as he jumped the light lol in my 3 yrs of commercial driving class 1 i have took every thing idiots do to me when driving truck and just smile or laugh and get on with job but he just caught me on a bad shift and slamming on on purpose just pushed me over edge :laughing:

ST3:
Still never got to let the steam off on road as he jumped the light lol in my 3 yrs of commercial driving class 1 i have took every thing idiots do to me when driving truck and just smile or laugh and get on with job but he just caught me on a bad shift and slamming on on purpose just pushed me over edge :laughing:

thats why we need cameras in the cabs then you could slam into the back of him and have it all on camera that he did it on purpose! would teach the prick a lesson as well.

ST3:
light turns green he pulled off then i started to go he slammed brakes on purpose almost going in back end of him then he raced to next light only for it to be red and 2 lanes so being empty i caught him up and started to wind pass window down to call him a nob he flapped big time winding his up and ended up jumping red light to avoid the name calling

hard as nails until it comes to it. makes you laugh doesnt it? reminds me of the keyboard army you get on the internet! :wink: :wink: :wink:

ST3:

Everyone has a ‘breaking point’ but it looks like you KNOW when yours is now so you can recognise it in future and possibly cope with it better :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Everyone has a ‘breaking point’ but it looks like you KNOW when yours is now so you can recognise it in future and possibly cope with it better :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]

yeh same time in 3 yrs time il just take a holiday istead of breaking again :laughing: :laughing:

wish i had camera fitted i wouldnt of bothered breaking then as would been his fault and could of sued the little prick :sunglasses: wiplash for me and 10 passengers in cab :wink:

ST3:
Its not just cars and vans theres alot of trucks do this to me specially the roundabout at west thurrock comming round from purfleet to head back onto m25 dartford they either undercut or go in far outside lane and jumping in at last second just to get round my truck.

I pretty much calm and chilled out all time as never in rush but this roundabout over taking is starting to get dangerous

I have this regular on that roundabout at J30, when i come from Tilbury side turning right for the M25, i follow the middle lane round then under the A13 bridge move into the left for the exit.

The amount of near misses round there is really bad! Ive learnt alot since driving for aliving, basically just to call them a sweary word without jestures or anything and have a talk with myself on what happened hehehe passes the time sometimes :blush:

yup thats the roundabout im on about. i come off slip road into middle lane in heading straight on towards thurrock services then middle lane again at next roundabout to turn right for pufleet…every time some one has a go on either roundabouts doesnt matter which direction heading some people just ignorant and dont read lane markings

About 5 years ago someone on a roundabout tried to undercut me , slipped right into the blindspot and the side of the car got ripped to ■■■■ …
I didn’t even see them coming , they must have booted it to try and come round with me and exit before me , arse end of the trailer axles contacted them.

:laughing:

Someone tried it again last year , this time I saw them and shut the door .
Young lad in one of the fastest rover 200’s ever built …
In the town that was , bit of a problem with the young idiots sometimes and they try to pull some stupid stunts , they seem to forget you live local as well and you will spot them again :laughing:

thats why we need cameras in the cabs then you could slam into the back of him and have it all on camera that he did it on purpose! would teach the prick a lesson as well.

http://www.firebox.com/product/1732?src_t=wnw
I’ve got one of these for the car. Just velco’s onto the dash. This model isn’t out til June but the one I’ve got gives you 1hr high resolution or 2 hr low res quality. The new model will be double this. If hothing happens, just delete it & press rec again.
It eats batteries though !

There is a book called ‘Mind Driving’ by Stephen Haley on the market and it might be worth a read.

I can recommend this. I have a copy :smiley:

Who would want a camera in the cab?
Not me. that’s for certain. I can understand someone wanting to use it as a defence in court but what if we all had them. the police/vosa/cps would just sit back and watch videos at the weekend. you were speeding at 0300 on the a34 last wednesday. 3points. you jumped a red light thursday £60.
You’ve been smoking again £60.
If we didn’t have limiters people would’nt find themselves having the urge to be in front of a truck at any cost.
plus you’d be able to catch them, just in case you decided to give them a kicking. :wink: :wink: