Stupid Drivers

Heres my little story of a small part of my day .
Happily Driving at 56mph on the m62 Lorry in front safe distance away but im not catching so im cruiseing along,a lorry is coming down slip road to come on so i pulled over to let him on (courteous),he then proceded to astonish me by coming flying up my inside making me have to overtake the original lorry at crawling pace , then when i finally get past him and pull in the lorry id let on previosley hurtles past me giving me ZB’s Astonishing or have i just been taught to drive wrong !!!

me driving :laughing:
over driver :imp:

bad apples in every barrel.

but then again i would like to hear his version of events.

hallblade:
he then proceded to astonish me by coming flying up my inside making me have to overtake the original lorry at crawling pace

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

How does that work then :question:

You are driving along on cruise-control. You pull out a lane to allow someone onto the motorway. They accelerate to a speed faster than you were doing. That forces :question: you to accelerate to a speed higher than the undertaking truck is doing :confused:

Why not just let them go■■?
As a professional driver, you are aware of the likelihood of this happening. You therefore keep an eye on your nearside mirror and know there is nothing behind that vehicle. As the truck (in this case) is covering your blind spot, there is nothing going to come into your blind-spot. So just let them go, and once they’ve gone pull back into the inside lane.

Just stay in the nearside lane and make the ■■■■■■ slow down it ■■■■■■ me off when people do that.

As a professional and courteous driver when you come down a slip road and someone is kind enough to move over and let you on the motorway you slow down and flash them back in and THEN pull out to overtake, you DONT play keep up on the inside lane.

As a professional and courteous driver when you come down a slip road and someone is kind enough to move over and let you on the motorway you slow down and flash them back in and THEN pull out to overtake, you DONT play keep up on the inside lane.

Well said JM :wink:

shame some of the half wits that drive these days don’t extend the same courtesey. I will even do it your way in the car, if a truck has moved over for me, why leave him there, let him pass & then go for it, what do i lose ■■ NOTHING & i usually get a thumbs up from one of the few decent drivers out there :wink:

I totally agree with jammy and scab,too many selfish drivers out there, at the end of the day what do they gain?? think about it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

here here i do that wether i am in the car or truck its common road sense

Same happened to me this week. Northbound on M6 at Burton services, Stobart Merc pulling on to slip road. I flashed him and moved over to lane 2. I am 1/2 way past when he comes down my inside. I gave him a blast of the horn to let him know I did not appreciate his lack of proffessional courtesy to a colleague. He then gives me dogs abuse, waving his fist, I slowed down and pulled into lane 1 again. He then pulls on to the shoulder, waits till I reach him and pulls back out sticking his 2 fingers up. I just ignored him. At the A65 Kirby Lonsdale/Barrow turnoff, there he is, crawling up the ramp, waving his fist, still shouting abuse. What is it with these people?
Alex

in the Stobart example i would have taken his number and email/phoned stobarts. At the end of the day if it was a one off then they’ll tell him dont do it again if it’s added to a long list of complaints then they’ll show him the door.

Well said everyone i thought i wasn’t going mad except simon who seems to think it is all right to go flying up the inside but he couldn’t go anywhere because of the lorry i had to overtake and i allso had one behind me

dennisw1:
in the Stobart example i would have taken his number and email/phoned stobarts. At the end of the day if it was a one off then they’ll tell him dont do it again if it’s added to a long list of complaints then they’ll show him the door.

Dont say that on here youll get lynched by the I’m allright Jack mob, they’ll be calling you a grass and a betrayer to all things truckified.

Personally i have writen down a few reg numbers in the past and e-mailed a few companies to notify them of AND I SAY EXTREMELY bad driving i drive as professionaly as i can and as courteously as i can and i expect others to do the same.

I dont claim to be an angel just a good driver.

DBSFS

alexsaville:
Same happened to me this week. Northbound on M6 at Burton services, Stobart Merc pulling on to slip road. I flashed him and moved over to lane 2. I am 1/2 way past when he comes down my inside. I gave him a blast of the horn to let him know I did not appreciate his lack of proffessional courtesy to a colleague. He then gives me dogs abuse, waving his fist, I slowed down and pulled into lane 1 again. He then pulls on to the shoulder, waits till I reach him and pulls back out sticking his 2 fingers up. I just ignored him. At the A65 Kirby Lonsdale/Barrow turnoff, there he is, crawling up the ramp, waving his fist, still shouting abuse. What is it with these people?
Alex

You started it … I had an incident just like that with a 540 stralis , got caught out level ■■■■■■■ on the slip , i moved over he got upto his limit and was going a hell of a lot faster than me . I sat in lane two whilst watching his trailer move away from me in lane 1 .Got a decent gap and moved back in , he flashed his winkers etc … I couldn’t have cared less , he had the pace so go for it .
Different story if he was the same speed as me and screwed me …
I dunno , i,m a night driver , you know the blokes that leave the cab mucky and never wash it down , same as you day drivers .
Maybe day drivers have a different attitude .
The only thing i have taken offence too is being run into the hard shoulder by a fellow trucker .
All horses for courses you know .And lets not forget no-one really gives a ■■■■ !

jammymutt:

precisely. if someone is kind enough to allow you to join easily, the least you can do in return is let them back into lane 1. its a shame that so many drivers these days do not show any manners for fellow professionals. some of them deserve a little word in their ear. i wouldnt be shy if the opportunity presented itself

similar thing happened to me on the A34 on Tuesday.I pulled over to let wagon out of slip road,I was 3/4 of the way past him and he accelerated up my inside
So I held my hand on the horn,and he soon got the message and I pulled back in.
The bloke overtook me soon afterwards and waved as if to apologise. :unamused:
I still thought he was a ■■■■

Like i’ve said before though,many drivers are just a bit THICK

I gave up a long time ago letting people off slip roads, if they want to come on they will have to slow down. unlike the national express coach who thought he would drive up the hard shoulder pass a dozen other vehicles, never a copper around is there

jammymutt:
Just stay in the nearside lane and make the [zb] slow down it [zb] me off when people do that.

Fully agree with that jammy. Far too many ■■■■■■■■■ in this game now

alexsaville:
Alex

He was a ■■■■■ stobarts are a big firm… were bound to have one or two :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I thought it was just me who hated this, mind you considering the number oof times it happens you cant blame me for thinking that.

It happened to me once going down the M1, Guy nearly totalled me in the process, Lo and behold when parking up at the Red Lion there he was. I walked over to him intending to punch his lights out and there he was stood at the front of his Daf 85 looking about 19 with acne, spouting off diesel to another driver about how he was only marking time till he got back onto Spain. I left him alone. Nothing I could do would change that Dipstick