Please stop it.

Will numptys please stop rolling over exiting Spittals roundabout eastbound on the A14.It is getting boring and costs me a lot of time due to road closures as per today.
Slow down - end of.

Sorry mate.

Come on ‘disgo’ give these guys a break :astonished: You must know how much pressure they are under, they haven’t got time for a ■■■■ or a shower and have to use the frying pan in the cab whilst on the move :open_mouth: So slowing down on a roundabout is a complete no, no :exclamation: I’m sure their employer’s would much rather them have it on it’s side than be 10mins late for a delivery :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Just looking at this from a different angle, I’m wondering if traffic signalled roundabouts suffer more roll over incidents than non signaled? i.e. chasing to beat the on coming red light■■?

Misjudgement happens, accidents happen, lets hope all walked away. :sunglasses:

MR VAIN:
Just looking at this from a different angle, I’m wondering if traffic signalled roundabouts suffer more roll over incidents than non signaled? i.e. chasing to beat the on coming red light■■?

Shouldn’t exist anyway, either have traffic lights or a roundabout, the idea of both is and aways has been ludicrous.

Also, the whole 2 lanes into 1 at the end of the M6 / A14 bit is a pain in the harris, not sure why they did that, it causes a bottle neck that very quickly ends up blocking the roundabout.

Why not just move everything over to the right whilst the M1(N) lane uses the left, and just keep it as 1 lane for the A14 or dual it all the way down, it’s signed both lanes for the A14, but then you realise - if it’s your first time down there - that you’ve just gone into no mans land because that lane ends in 50’ :unamused:

This country seems to be obsessed with bottle necks, they open up to 2 lanes just to drop back down to 1 lane all the time, it just causes agro when people are jumping in at the last second etc, only for it to open back up to 2 lanes again. There’s thousands of examples across the country and every one of them is bad design and planning.
Bad to deal with when you’re going through them once or twice per day, but when I was on service busses and you had to deal with them 10 - 20 times per day and knew you were on the same run the next day, it really was a pain in the harris

waynedl:

MR VAIN:

Shouldn’t exist anyway, either have traffic lights or a roundabout, the idea of both is and aways has been ludicrous.

Yes It’s ludicrous until you are the person sat in a queue day after day because the predominate traffic flow blocks your entrance to the roundabout.

waynedl:
Also, the whole 2 lanes into 1 at the end of the M6 / A14 bit is a pain in the harris, not sure why they did that, it causes a bottle neck that very quickly ends up blocking the roundabout.

Why not just move everything over to the right whilst the M1(N) lane uses the left, and just keep it as 1 lane for the A14 or dual it all the way down, it’s signed both lanes for the A14, but then you realise - if it’s your first time down there - that you’ve just gone into no mans land because that lane ends in 50’ :unamused:

This country seems to be obsessed with bottle necks, they open up to 2 lanes just to drop back down to 1 lane all the time, it just causes agro when people are jumping in at the last second etc, only for it to open back up to 2 lanes again. There’s thousands of examples across the country and every one of them is bad design and planning.
Bad to deal with when you’re going through them once or twice per day, but when I was on service busses and you had to deal with them 10 - 20 times per day and knew you were on the same run the next day, it really was a pain in the harris

Perhaps this website might be of interest to you. Full of information and history of poor planning, canceled schemes and general bodge ups of the UK’s road network.

muckles:

waynedl:

MR VAIN:

Yes It’s ludicrous until you are the person sat in a queue day after day because the predominate traffic flow blocks your entrance to the roundabout.

waynedl:

Perhaps this website might be of interest to you. Full of information and history of poor planning, canceled schemes and general bodge ups of the UK’s road network.

Bad Junctions | Roads.org.uk

Then use traffic lights instead :wink:

Near where I live can be a nightmare in rush hour, but there was a major electrical failure a few months ago and none of the traffic lights were working, the traffic flowed MUCH better, people were polite, letting people out of junctions, not blocking box junctions and my journey time had reduced slightly, and I’d say more cars had come through out of the side streets too.

The driver was a bit beat up but as far as i’m aware is otherwise ok. Can only see excess speed being the problem and the fact that the trailer was heavily loaded to the top, as scrap trailers are. However no-one knows the full story so we can only speculate.

The truck was left there until night time as the roundabout was due to be partially closed for re-surfacing anyhow. It was cleared not too long after the roundabout was re-opened from the re-surfacing. The road was completely closed for approximately an hour in total to do the actual righting of the truck and positioning of the recovery trucks.

Not sure what sort of chaos it caused when the incident happened but there was minimal inconvenience caused during the recovery in my opinion.

Traffic lights on roundabouts why don’t they just have them on at peak times I mean come on do they need to be on at 3am on a Sunday morning■■?