Ross on Wye

Further to the saga on this page about the cattle market at Newark,I have it on good authority,that the ‘food’ halt at Ross,maybe about to close down.We do on average,3 changeovers a night there,with 3 of our trampers who serve South Wales,and they were telling me last week,that the ‘restaurant’ has had a visit from the local authorities,the electric has been cut off,and it could look like curtains for the operation.

I shouldn’t think that’ll affect the cattle market themselves though,just the people who provide the [zb], I mean food to those that stop there.

Our lads have more sense though,deciding on the short walk into town for some food and a beverage.

Ken.

Too obvious.L. :wink:

whooaaaaar, that place wants shutting down. went once i was famished.
never again.

ohterry:
never again.

I went in their once too, there was actually someone eating something and another bloke was coming out of the toilet with a sandwich in his hand :confused:

I hope it was the health authority shut it down and not the owner complaining that he wasnt making money.

How much is it to park there?

ohterry:
never again.

I quite agree - got to be the worst I’ve seen/

Just spoke to one of our drivers who frequents the place,and he has told me that,although it’s not 100% certain that it’s closing down,the local authority are pursuing it with vigour.

Ken.

there used to be a truck park in the town at the old cattle market, you couldn’t miss it, it was right smack bang in the centre of town next door to a pub too.

gardun:

ohterry:
never again.

:angry: :angry: i used to got to somerfields behind it and once parked on the cattlemarket i took 1 look at the tea stand/ cafe and brewed up in the cab instead i dont like them places anyway they are about as hygenic as a public toliet. :smiling_imp:

jessicas dad:
i dont like them places anyway they are about as hygenic as a public toliet. :smiling_imp:

I went past a tea stand the other day to see a rat climbing through the hole that the sink waste pipe comes out of :open_mouth:

theghostofcain:

jessicas dad:
i dont like them places anyway they are about as hygenic as a public toliet. :smiling_imp:

I went past a tea stand the other day to see a rat climbing through the hole that the sink waste pipe comes out of :open_mouth:

that wasnt the one at the top of the hill on the A690 just past houghton le spring was it?
sat there one day last year me n me pal, watching loads of long tales in the bin ,right next to the snack van.

There used to be one in Lincoln with an advert on it saying " Free Welsh mountain goats testacles on toast" , it always puzzled me why he would be giving them away free and i found myself a bit short of cash one day so decided to try them.

The reply■■?

" we dont :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: do toast"