ross on wye

been told there is a truck stop in a cattle market there and was wondering if anyone had any experience of it?

yes its a tea bar that is scruffy and full of rats. :laughing:

hmmmmm thats not the best of recomendations i have ever heard

Yes, and…not too impressed.

Although, TBH, I’ve had worse, a lot worse.

It must have been last Summer as I sat outside. Although thinking about the Summer we had last year, it was probably closer to Spring. :laughing:

IIRC I had a gammon meal on the basis that,

1. I like it.
  2. It’s not a meat that can be pre-cooked or reheated, generally.

To be fair, I was in the position of comparing it to the same meal that I had indulged myself with at the Vale truck stop not many days/weeks earlier. A little pricier, but well worth the money, as a treat. :wink:

The Ross site used to be open 24/7, weekdays, although I’m not sure that this is still the case following the closure of the Somerfield RDC.

Would I use it again? Probably yes. But as it is sited less than two hours from crawling into my bed, I tend not to.

cheers for that, might swing by it if i have enough hrs left that i coukld find somewhere else if i dont like the look, or might just park there and do my own cooking, thanks again

as he still got those rabied looking dawgs :laughing: :laughing:

if you got time mate head up to herford to the footie ground £1.50 parking and chippie pubs and everything in spitting distance :sunglasses:

jon

Whatever you do dont eat there :open_mouth:
Mind you after one look at the state of the cooking area i cant understand how anyone does

First time i ever stopped there i was niave enough to buy a bacon cheeseburger it was horrible greasy burnt bits of other food gritty and over priced and to top it all i had the squits the next day

I bought a packet of ciggie papers there once as i’d run out and was desperate for a nicotine fix i rolled a ciggie on the way back to my cab lit it nearly threw up chucked the ciggie and the papers they tasted and smelt of very old very stale fat then walked upto the roundabout across the duel and got a fat free pack from the garage.

Bought a pint of milk there once opened it poured it into my brew and stodgy lumps came out went back over exchanged pints opened it there and then smelt it and that too was off told him i’d have my money back thanks.

The dogs (when they’re not trying to sniff your balls) are always in and out of the kitchen area and they are stinking dirty mutts and ive also seen the alsations going in and out of there on occasion too

But on the plus side ive never had any curtains slashed there nor diesel nicked
its cheap (well it was when i used to stop there a fiver if you wanted a receipt for your boss or if the right bod was on a quid :wink: but no receipt )

would i stay there again … sure
would i buy anything there…not even if hell froze over

Reef:
The dogs (when they’re not trying to sniff your balls) are always in and out of the kitchen area and they are stinking dirty mutts and ive also seen the alsations going in and out of there on occasion too

Subtle… but very true. :laughing:

Stinking hole, it’s a wonder they’ve not been closed down.

There’s no decent food on the A40 at all, from Ross right down to Abergavenny. The old cafes at Symonds Yat were average at best ; both of them now redeveloped, no cafe westbound and a rather crappy operation with M25 prices and service levels but 9 till 5 opening times eastbound.

Same goes for the scruffy little cafe westbound at the top of the hill; foods not bad but its a shabby dump with restricted parking.

gnasty gnome:

Had heard that they were trying to. Only ate there once - never again. Not even a cup of coffee.

I havent been there for many a long year but after my last visit that is a bonus. It was filthy, the cups were filthy, the toilets were filthy and the woman serving looked like she slept in the ditch

wel that seems to be quite a comprehensive review there, i wonder if anyone working there or owners thereof read these pages■■?

cheers

ps is there (and i have missed it in which case i’m sorry) or should we start a review of stops?

Wheel Nut:
the woman serving looked like she slept in the ditch

Yes, I think it’s fairly safe to say that Vosene won’t be using her in their next advertising campaign.

jonboy:
if you got time mate head up to herford to the footie ground £1.50 parking and chippie pubs and everything in spitting distance :sunglasses:

Or Tewkesbury outside that builders merchant :wink:

mucky:
wel that seems to be quite a comprehensive review there, i wonder if anyone working there or owners thereof read these pages■■?

If they do, they probably take as much notice as the MSA owners do.

Richard Branson’s missed a golden opportunity IMO; Virgin Truckstops anyone? :wink:

gnasty gnome:
Richard Branson’s missed a golden opportunity IMO; Virgin Truckstops anyone? :wink:

Perhaps we should just apologise for putting up such a staunch defence last time and plead with the Germans to invade us. At least they know how to build a truckstop. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

gnasty gnome:
[

cos the guy that owns it is a prominent member of the local community which includes the envormient health officer…make of that what you want :wink: :wink:

Mmmmmmm! Says it all

guess it goes to show there must be a fair few truckers out there with industrial stomach linings and taste bud bypasses, otherwise if no one ate there surely it would stop serving food on the lack of demand basis would it not?

mucky:
guess it goes to show there must be a fair few truckers out there with industrial stomach linings and taste bud bypasses, otherwise if no one ate there surely it would stop serving food on the lack of demand basis would it not?

Have you heard the phrase? Once bitten twice shy :stuck_out_tongue:

was taken there last year by our driving assesor while i was on assesment …wehn pulled in i asked what have i done wrong to be punished by been brought there…what a dive