ross on wye

if theres any spaces left park in the bp garage and take a walk into town its only down the hill pop into the plough for a pint and round the corner for a kebab or a chinese or park in the ind est by morrisons if theres room

I pulled in there once took one look around saw what looked like a ■■■■■ camp and decided to carry on up to Ledbury parked on the small industrial estate by the railway bridge and walked down the road to morrisons and had a decent lunch instead

Thetaff:

gnasty gnome:
[
Stinking hole, it’s a wonder they’ve not been closed down.

cos the guy that owns it is a prominent member of the local community which includes the envormient health officer…make of that what you want :wink: :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

prominent member of the community :question: :exclamation:

never heard that one :laughing: :laughing:

perhaps he met the enviromental health officer in the nick :wink:

oh and it says it all when you see the owner and his cronies eating fish n chips or whatever which they just drove into town specifically for eh…

I had to deliver some parts to the Ford garage round the corner from there in the Summer so i stopped for some breaky ,took one look at it and carried on.

No way would i eat from there, if i pay for my food i like to keep it in my stomach :wink:

Not done tramping for last 5 yrs
But another half hr up M50 or half hr less if you are coming south.
Is the Pigoen fancier on jcn1 A38 still open that was always quite popular :bulb:

provided the weather is ok, park at the bp garage (it’s free) and walk into ross, it’s about a mile and good exercise, as you get into the town there is the usual kebab shop, chip shop etc and the chippy is excellent. if you don’t fancy the walk and are going to be away early in the morning you can get parked on the industrial estate, it’s only small and you need to be gone by about 8am before all the workers turn up.

johnny:
provided the weather is ok, park at the bp garage (it’s free) ,

Provided it’s not infested with ■■■■■■, which is most of the time.

the subjuect on this post is mispelt

DROSS on WYE

mucky:
been told there is a truck stop in a cattle market there and was wondering if anyone had any experience of it?

for god sake dont use it,its grossness on a vast scale :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

how that place is still open is beyond me.scruffiest place ive ever been to EVER.
flies buzzing round ur scran maingy dogs sniffing round maingy bird cooking errrrrr man its the pits.

Harry Monk:

jonboy:
if you got time mate head up to herford to the footie ground £1.50 parking and chippie pubs and everything in spitting distance :sunglasses:

Or Tewkesbury outside that builders merchant :wink:

Harry.
Ive not been down there for yrs but there used to be a small parking area just off the town centre in tewkesbury going out on the cheltenham rd,has that gone now?

I am very, very rarely ill and can probably remember every instance of illness I’ve had in my entire life with a bit of thought, but when I was doing the Ross trunk I decided to pop over one night for a cheese burger and chips. In fairness, it tasted okay and I enjoyed it, but as I got back on the M5 heading north my stomach started churning badly and I got a serious stomach ache. Fortunately nothing more came of it and it was gone after I pebble-dashed a WC in Tibshelf :smiley: but a bad stomach ache for me with my lead-lined gut is the equivalent of 2 weeks laid up with food poisoning for normal people. :open_mouth:

I concur with others - it’s a place best avoided if you’re on the prowl for food.

cheers for all that. just to let ya know that i did not go there jsut went passed, my jobs were changed anyway so had no need to stop there, had the night outside the brewery in Magor instead, but having read this even the wife wont let me eat there!! :smiley:

Best place to park IMO around that way is upton-on severn :wink:

Yes its true what everyone has wrote, the food is diabolical go and try the chilli withs chips urghhhhhhhh never again.

I pulled in when it was dark and had second thoughts but then again no hours left no driving, so i settled in for the night there all for a fiver.

what a ■■■■■■■■ it was, looked like a scene from a horror movie in the dark, and by chance beleive it or not a fella trucker there told me they filmed the texas chain saw massacre.

If they did i reckon half off the staff was in the film too lol.

mucky:
cheers for all that. just to let ya know that i did not go there jsut went passed, my jobs were changed anyway so had no need to stop there, had the night outside the brewery in Magor instead, but having read this even the wife wont let me eat there!! :smiley:

Great! Another parking space lost to non brewery contracted drivers… Was you parked up out the front (opposite the main security gatehouse) or round the back (just off the roundabout) If you were round the back. The next time you park there me and my mates will hang off your mirror arms and rock the cab violently every hr on the hr :laughing:
Im usually parked up there most nights (round the back) in a white Merc Megaspace with TANDEM written across the front if your there again come say hello.

Im quite surprised no-one has tried to defend the human rights of the owners of the establishment :smiley:

Probably they wouldnt eat there either :smiley: