ROAD SEVICES FORTH (LEVEN)photos

hope the qualitys not to bad

alan digital camera 152.JPG

alan digital camera 150.JPG

alan digital camera 149.JPG

Thanks ,good photos,i did’nt think there was this many about,Vic

Yes they are cracking photos, keep them coming , Regards Larry

Brilliant pictures Alan, brought back many childhood memories, my Dad worked out of Alloa, and I remember going with him in lorries just like in the pictures, hope you have many more to post

Regards

Iain

strawman:
Brilliant pictures Alan, brought back many childhood memories, my Dad worked out of Alloa, and I remember going with him in lorries just like in the pictures, hope you have many more to post

Regards

Iain

lain your dad would work under Jimmy Cameron,manager at Alloa ,he was some bloke,i used to run to Alloa often when working the forth at Darlington in the early 70s, i used to stay at Sadie’s in Alloa.Vic.

v7victor:
lain your dad would work under Jimmy Cameron,manager at Alloa ,he was some bloke,i used to run to Alloa often when working the forth at Darlington in the early 70s, i used to stay at Sadie’s in Alloa.Vic.

Yes Vic he did, the man was a legend and I remember my Dad saying that he knew the job inside out. Can’t say that I knew Sadie’s can you remember where it was?

Regards

Iain

Yeah lain,she had a big old house at the top end of Kelliebanks,it was 40+ years ago but when you get talking it seems like yesterday.Vic.

thanks guys ,will post some more when i get back home,the large cone shaped tanks were bound for fountain bridge brewery in edinburgh,21 tanks in total,ihad the pleasure of sitting on the engine cover on all of the journeys which spanned over 11 sunday mornings in total, there was 4 police motorbikes and 2cars in the convoy.

Pinched this one of the ■■■■■■■ thread,a good photo of an old crown lock up.The bloke said he saw it some where last week do’s any one know where the photo was taken?.Vic

25102011.jpg

I thought this thread would take off,its not doing to good,there must be more ex Forth men out there!!!

v7victor:
I thought this thread would take off,its not doing to good,there must be more ex Forth men out there!!!

Im sure there is but like myself a lot of them must be in their 70s, I have only had my laptop 6 month, & Im still learning how to use it , my grandson who iabs 21 has been a great help, so hopefully some like ourselves gets to know about this thread, & realise how good it is, may get them interested hopefully. Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

v7victor:

Im sure there is but like myself a lot of them must be in their 70s, I have only had my laptop 6 month, & Im still learning how to use it , my grandson who iabs 21 has been a great help, so hopefully some like ourselves gets to know about this thread, & realise how good it is, may get them interested hopefully. Regards Larry.

Yeah Larry,it was a long time ago,Vic.

Lawrence Dunbar:

v7victor:

got to agree with you on that.there must be thousands of ex drivers out there with lots of tales to tell,and thousands of photos but just cant fathum out the internet,shame . :frowning:

Trying hard to keep this thread going!!

alanuk300:
thanks guys ,will post some more when i get back home,the large cone shaped tanks were bound for fountain bridge brewery in edinburgh,21 tanks in total,ihad the pleasure of sitting on the engine cover on all of the journeys which spanned over 11 sunday mornings in total, there was 4 police motorbikes and 2cars in the convoy.

And they are no longer there , the Fountainbridge Brewery is closed & the site almost cleared , both sides of road . Can bet they would not need an ■■■■■■ to be removed .

O

alanuk300:
O

Eh!!!

Hi Alan, am I right in thinking these dished tank tops were manufactured by firm in Leven called Balfour & Co. Back in 1964/ 5 ? I loaded about six dished ends (similar shaped domes about 8 ft diameter) these I had to deliver to the Charles Roberts company at Horbury Junction near Wakefield. This was a firm that made railway tank wagons for the transport of bulk liquids, these dished ends were used to form the front and back ends of cylindrical liquid tankers. I had a BMC Morris FHK 140 horizontal engined model four wheeler at the time.
Cheers . Leyland 600

v7victor:
Pinched this one of the ■■■■■■■ thread,a good photo of an old crown lock up.The bloke said he saw it some where last week do’s any one know where the photo was taken?.Vic

:smiley: hi v7victor its at alexanders at bowness there is 2 of them parked up there, 1 on the road and the other in the yard, i was delivering and couldnt resist a photo, last time i saw these in use i was with me old man in his big j :blush:

yungnad:

v7victor:

:smiley: hi v7victor its at alexanders at bowness there is 2 of them parked up there, 1 on the road and the other in the yard, i was delivering and couldnt resist a photo, last time i saw these in use i was with me old man in his big j :blush:

Its good to get a reply to this photo as i used to drag these trailers all over the country with a big j pulling it!!