Road sevices forth (leven)

New member here,was just reading through some old posts there and noticed my dads name appearing, JEFF FOX who was manager of rsf leven and then srs kirkcaldy some of you may know him, I will try and post some photos of forth vehicles up which i have a lot of, mainly covering wide loads out of balfours of leven and some old photos of leven docks where the pulp boats came in.Although hes going on 86ish he still comes out with some fantastic stories of old times. Myself, yes im a driver with stobart and often have to report in to the old man on where ive been what ive been carrying.

Hello and welcome to the forum.Will look forward to your postings as i am sure many more members will.Keep your
posts coming yours NIGEL HUNT.

alanuk300:
New member here,was just reading through some old posts there and noticed my dads name appearing, JEFF FOX who was manager of rsf leven and then srs kirkcaldy some of you may know him, I will try and post some photos of forth vehicles up which i have a lot of, mainly covering wide loads out of balfours of leven and some old photos of leven docks where the pulp boats came in.Although hes going on 86ish he still comes out with some fantastic stories of old times. Myself, yes im a driver with stobart and often have to report in to the old man on where ive been what ive been carrying.

Aye I remember RSF they used to run a changeover at Haggerston on route to Payton & Baldwins at Darlington,I remember one of there TKs had a problem with water freezing up in the filter, I gave the driver a hand & we got it going, the sad thing was a car ran into the back of the trailer before he moved off. that was at the cafe at Scremmerston. Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:

alanuk300:

Aye I remember RSF they used to run a changeover at Haggerston on route to Payton & Baldwins at Darlington,I remember one of there TKs had a problem with water freezing up in the filter, I gave the driver a hand & we got it going, the sad thing was a car ran into the back of the trailer before he moved off. that was at the cafe at Scremmerston. Regards Larry

hi,i knew your dad from leven days and loaded pulp of the docks,its good to know he is still going at 86,a fine man.Larry i did that changeover with the TKs and used Rubies at Scremmerston.Vic ( ex Forth Darlington)

One pic to set the thread away.

SMS 553H.jpg

Come on alanuk300 lets have these photos you have?,heres one more to keep the thread going.

RWG%20718.jpg

The first photo on this thread any one know where it was took?

The first photo on this thread was taken on the Menstrie Brae, coming up from Menstrie heading towards Tullibody, Clackmannanshire. Just visible to the right of the picture (behind the two pedal Beaver) is Menstrie Whisky Bonds and the yeast facility

Regards

Iain

Nice shot of the 8 wheeler Albion Caledonion, I drove a 1959 Model now & then Leyland 600. a good puller, But a bit of a rattley cab, Regards Larry.

strawman:
The first photo on this thread was taken on the Menstrie Brae, coming up from Menstrie heading towards Tullibody, Clackmannanshire. Just visible to the right of the picture (behind the two pedal Beaver) is Menstrie Whisky Bonds and the yeast facility

Regards

Iain

Thanks for that imfo lain,i had a good pal lived at Tullibody,i used to do a changeover with him at Berwick in the early 70s,(Jock) John Lawson, we both worked for the Forth him at Alloa and my self at Darlington.

Thanks for that info lain,i had a good pal lived at Tullibody,i used to do a changeover with him at Berwick in the early 70s,(Jock) John Lawson, we both worked for the Forth him at Alloa and my self at Darlington.

Still waiting on the pictures :frowning: but in the meantime, there’s some Forth and Caledonian pictures on this site. dumfriestransportgroup.com/ You might recognise some people vic :smiley:

I remember in 1963 I got a return load from them, I loaded at Alloa, they were very large casks for delivery to a bond at Sunderland,I had my father in law with me, he said he could smell the whiskey, & fancied drilling a hole in one of the casks, I quickley explained that it would probabley kill him , as it was pure alchoholl, he thought I was having him on but we got home & went for a drink he asked the Club Steward about it .& he told him it was true., Happy Days Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
I remember in 1963 I got a return load from them, I loaded at Alloa, they were very large casks for delivery to a bond at Sunderland,I had my father in law with me, he said he could smell the whiskey, & fancied drilling a hole in one of the casks, I quickley explained that it would probabley kill him , as it was pure alchoholl, he thought I was having him on but we got home & went for a drink he asked the Club Steward about it .& he told him it was true., Happy Days Regards Larry

Thats true Larry a lot of the bonded stuff was 100% alcholl.Vic.

strawman:
Thanks for that info lain,i had a good pal lived at Tullibody,i used to do a changeover with him at Berwick in the early 70s,(Jock) John Lawson, we both worked for the Forth him at Alloa and my self at Darlington.

Still waiting on the pictures :frowning: but in the meantime, there’s some Forth and Caledonian pictures on this site. dumfriestransportgroup.com/ You might recognise some people vic :smiley:

Thanks, for that, a lot i have not seen on there.Vic