Does anybody remember my dad

hi all,sadly my dad passed away yesterday to the big truckstop in the sky,his name was alistair binnie,a rather large scotsman,as he was described in the 111 squadron ,the book on russell davies.
he served his “time” with road services forth,then went to work for peter mcallum,then russells of bathgate.
when he moved south many years ago her worked for cargo european (bradys),morley fisher,freddy archer,russell davies,goodways and jock cowan at cowan bros (haulage).
he was a regular on the middle east run from the early 70s with morley fisher and fred archer,and also had his own lorry on it with peter gillten
i hope some of the older drivers mightve known him thanks

condolences on your loss midnightscot , sounds like a big man and a big character , treasure the memories . dave

rigsby:
condolences on your loss midnightscot , sounds like a big man and a big character , treasure the memories . dave

Sorry to hear your bad news about your dad,i did’nt know him,but i offer my condolences to you.Vic ex Road Services Forth Darlington.Did he work for Falkirk depot?

hi vic yes he worked out of the burnbank rd depot in falkirk,i think he did a lot done to london if i remember correctly,did the forth have a depot at the angel?,i know he used to tell me when he first started with the forth,they used to get 2 and a half days to go from falkirk to london,changed days eh

midnightscot:
hi vic yes he worked out of the burnbank rd depot in falkirk,i think he did a lot done to london if i remember correctly,did the forth have a depot at the angel?,i know he used to tell me when he first started with the forth,they used to get 2 and a half days to go from falkirk to london,changed days eh

Aye i used to go into burnbank in the late 60s early 70s,the only depot i knew in in london was at Edmonton,it was part of the group but belonged to caledonian but they maybe had more depots down there .Regards Vic.

yes it was the early 60s my dad worked at burnbank rd,it mustve been a big depot back then,im sure he told me they had 240 motors based there back then,the edmonton depot was probably the depot he used to run to

midnightscot:
yes it was the early 60s my dad worked at burnbank rd,it mustve been a big depot back then,im sure he told me they had 240 motors based there back then,the edmonton depot was probably the depot he used to run to

Yeah it was a good size,i also went to Alloa and Leven depots often,like you say they were different but good days,with lots of memories.Vic.

Hello Midnightscot Your dad worked for Fridged Freight ( J. Wyatt Jnr ) in the mid 60’s along with several other Scottish drivers including my Dad Jimmy McCluskey who went into the office. He lived in Mere Manor at the time in Diss. I don’t know how long he was there and since I was in my teens and left Diss to start my apprenticeship in 67 so met him only a couple of times. LB76 - Bill Robins - an ex FF driver may be able to tell you more about his time there. I remember him as a friendly giant. My condolences - He will always be a young man to me. Jmcjnr.

hi there,yes sorry i forgot that he worked for wyatts of diss,he spoke about them quite often and about mr wyatt,who used to wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea,and then phone up the truck manufacturers seemingly.