Alloa Hauliers

Anyone got any stories of alloa hauliers or pictures? such as A & M Fleming, John Sinclair of Alloa, Robsons of carlisle

A & M Fleming (Pixie).
I dont think he is still in business, his base was at Bannockburn, though. He used to work at the Forth depot when he was a driver, if I remember right.
Robsons of Carlisle.
This was previously United Glass’s inhouse transport based at Kelliebank, Alloa,another good job wasted by incompetent management. (The trailers were all 15 feet 4 inch’s high. UG’s management built a warehouse at Barrhead outside Glasgow to replace a warehouse they had at Prestwick. Only when it was finished did they realise it was surrounded by low bridges and they couldn’t access it! They never occupied this warehouse and it was sold.)
I worked at UG’s Ballieston, Glasgow, depot. When UG took over Robsons the writing was on the wall. Robsons men worked 12 hours a day but only got paid 10! Go figure!
You cant compete with idiots who work that way.
UG’s Transport dept was merged into Robsons and the job went downhill. UG realised they had made a blunder and dumped it and most of the warehouse’s as fast as they could.
Most of the Baillieston drivers had came from road haulage where the union rate was more than Robsons. Road haulage in Glasgow also had milage bonus. No way were we going to work for 10 hrs a day running south, so we all,bar 2, took redundancy.
Alex