RESULT Part 3

Passed class c test on the 16th august and been doing agency work ever since.However,after finishing a shift & leaving the depot i spied a driver from Langdons fridge transport waiting to deliver so i went over & asked if they were looking for drivers,& if they take on newbies,too which he replied yes!! good enough to give me a phone number too so,after an interview with the MD & an driver assesment i have been offered a full time position with them.Get to drive a newish (54 plate) scania,but all the rigid fleet are being replaced by 58 plate scania by November so no more sporadic agency work for me!!!

Good stuff mate! Be sure to post some pics of the new wheels up on here won’t you :wink:

I keep intending to get off the agency game but the money making possibilities over Christmas and New Year are just too much to resist

Alex

Nice one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great hope for all us new lads looking for work, goes to show it can be done with a new shiny licence.

best of luck

Yeah definately bigcheese,I also turned down an offer of a temp to perm position with salvensens/dentresangle at there dunstable branch doing a night shift delivering car parts to dealerships so there is work out there,just had a really good week of agency work this week too which makes a change.

DT@Leightonhaul:
I also turned down an offer of a temp to perm position with salvensens/dentresangle at there dunstable branch doing a night shift delivering car parts to dealerships

well done on the job mate and well done for turning the car parts bit down,

i did that for a night with the agency and it was the worst days/nights work i have had. soem cages werea two man lift/move and there was just me. i struggled with a lot of the rhino bars as they were sticking and wouldnt go down. started at midnight and got back to teh depot at half seven after about 8 drops and they wanted me to do another run! i did it but vowed never to go back again!