Result! Got a job

Someone on here warned me that telesales is “the work of the devil”. I should have listened.
Three weeks of sitting there on the phone getting rejection after rejection finally got to me, and I left last week. Every truck that passed the window of the call centre had me wondering what I was doing sitting in the place.
Spent the weekend printing off 50 copies of a covering letter and CV, then did a search on Yell.com of transport and haulage companies in this area, and did a mail shot to them.
Got 3 phone calls yesterday, an interview today, and a job starting Friday with a company up in Paisley!!
Just in time to pay the bike insurance, road tax, dentist, tax man, and many others, but right now, I don’t care!!!

Al

well done m8,who is it your starting with :question:

well done al let us know how you get on :smiley:

Great news.

Kitkat,
Got a start with Saints transport, at the airport cargo terminal. Most of their drivers seem to have been with them for years, so they must be doing something right. Looking forward to Friday…

Al.

Good luck M8, maybe see ya on the road
Gordy

Well done alcraw62 also for the tip on writing a cv
out and sending it to companies. And as shaun said
above let us know how you get on.

Good luck :smiley:

Well done on the job Alcraw. Let us know how you go on :wink:.

alcraw62:
Kitkat,
Got a start with Saints transport, at the airport cargo terminal. Most of their drivers seem to have been with them for years, so they must be doing something right. Looking forward to Friday…

Al.

yeah know them well m8,was in there today as DHL sea & ocean are in there,i’m in there quite often so if you see an MAN DHL artic then give me a shout.names on the unit buddy.good luck M8 :wink: look out for the moany b on the danzas forklift,he goes by the name of george. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he’s a good lad really.

Well done mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Saints have the best xmas decorated truck wash by the M25 but if you haven’t seen it you will have to wait till next year! :sunglasses:
I hope it goes well do let us know how you get on. :wink:

Wasn’t it Saints that the over populer band who got banned from truckfest worked for ?.

how was ur 1st day m8 :question: :question:

Well, so far, so good!!
I am driving an 18 ton MAN in DHL livery, coz Saints have a contract with DHL/Danzas.
I don’t do a lot of miles, basically the job is doing a shuttle service with freight between DHL and other freight handlers within the airport, and once a day doing a run through to Edinburgh airport.
Started on Friday and was in for a few hours overtime today.
Hope I’m not speaking too soon, but I feel that for the first time in a long time I am doing a job that I enjoy, and it has made the expense and effort of getting the class 2 licence worthwhile. Just recommended it to a mate who is hacked off being a driving instructor!
Kitkat, were you at “the bond” on Friday afternoon?? Is it always that chaotic?? I was there 3 times and had to queue over an hour each time!! Doesn’t matter though, pay clock is still ticking when you’re in the queue!

Al.

Sounds good alcraw62 and I am glad you have found
work you enjoy. All the best for the future and hope
you have a long and happy driving career :smiley: .

Kitkat, were you at “the bond” on Friday afternoon?? Is it always that chaotic?? I was there 3 times and had to queue over an hour each time!! Doesn’t matter though, pay clock is still ticking when you’re in the queue!

no m8 it was not me,i see the lads going to edinburgh every night on my return from fife.but i hope to meet up with you one day on our travels.good luck with the job :wink: :wink: