rest time

I have read somewhere that if i take a 3 hour break in my working day i can knock it off my daily rest. can anyone tell me does that mean i can take 3 hours and then 6 hours =9

No, there has to be at least a reduced rest of 9 hours also within the 24 hours from start of shift.

Ducks down out of Tachographs crosshairs…

MADBAZ:
No, there has to be at least a reduced rest of 9 hours also within the 24 hours from start of shift.

if split daily rest then the 3 full hours must come before the 9 full hours

MADBAZ:

Thanks MadBaz i thought i must read it wrong so wots this thing about 3 hours break during your working day

wots this thing about 3 hours break during your working day

Never heard of it :confused: :confused: :confused:

the way I understand it, well had it explained, is that if you have a rest of 3 hours while on shift you can do a 15 that day, so you can rack up 5x15 if you have 3 hrs rest each day.

SWraith:
the way I understand it, well had it explained, is that if you have a rest of 3 hours while on shift you can do a 15 that day, so you can rack up 5x15 if you have 3 hrs rest each day.

err… 3 hours followed by 9 hours = 12 hours rest - where does the 15 come into it :question: I think there are only 24 hours in a day…

I guess its so you don’t need to use a reduced rest. It keeps your WTD average down as well, using POA does that too.
I assume split rest is useful on ferry crossings, inept RDCs and when on containers :laughing: .

Whatever you must complete a rest period of at least 11 hours (may be reduced to 9hours 3 times per week) before the end of the 24 hour period which commences at the start of your shift.

Don’t confuse breaks and rest periods though.

thanks baz, yeah thats where I got it wrong… its a 3 hr break, not a rest period.

Edit: mind you Rog, I think most of us could do with a 27hr day :laughing:

ROG:

SWraith:

err… 3 hours followed by 9 hours = 12 hours rest - where does the 15 come into it :question: I think there are only 24 hours in a day…

Rog your missing the point :wink:

If you do a 15 hr shift and within that 15 hrs you raked up one consecutive break of 3 hrs, you can take a 9 hr rest reduction but it does not affect the maximum of 3 x 9 hr reductions per week, because you’ve had 12 hrs rest within the 24 hr period your 9 hr rest is not classed as a reduction.

As your in effect having 12 hrs rest per day you can do that every day if you want so 6 x 15 hrs is possible providing you have had 3 hrs consecutive rest on at least 3 of those days.

Thats why it’s called split shift :wink:

Davey Driver:

ROG:

SWraith:

If you do a 15 hr shift and within that 15 hrs you raked up one consecutive break of 3 hrs, you can take a 9 hr rest reduction but it does not affect the maximum of 3 x 9 hr reductions per week, because you’ve had 12 hrs rest within the 24 hr period your 9 hr rest is not classed as a reduction.

As your in effect having 12 hrs rest per day you can do that every day if you want so 6 x 15 hrs is possible providing you have had 3 hrs consecutive rest on at least 3 of those days.

a different perspective…

split shift = 12 hours work minus breaks
normal day = 13 hours work minus breaks
reduced rest = 15 hours work minus breaks (3 x a week only)

MADBAZ:

why you ducking Madbaz,

youre right!.. unlike rog some of the time

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

MADBAZ:

Davey Driver:

ROG:

SWraith:

a different perspective…

split shift = 12 hours work minus breaks
normal day = 13 hours work minus breaks
reduced rest = 15 hours work minus breaks (3 x a week only)

am i right in adding that if you have a 3 hr period on break you can pull another 15 hour shift AFTER you have already pulled the 3 per week max

I got it now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the 3 hour ‘break’ is part of the 15 hour shift therefore ‘splitting’ the shift in two.
and requires the 9 to make it into a ‘non’ reduced daily rest day.
thanks
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
I got it now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the 3 hour ‘break’ is part of the 15 hour shift therefore ‘splitting’ the shift in two.
and requires the 9 to make it into a ‘non’ reduced daily rest day.
thanks
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DABenji:
am i right in adding that if you have a 3 hr period on break you can pull another 15 hour shift AFTER you have already pulled the 3 per week max

YES :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ADD - if you got paid for that 3 hour break, you could rack up some hours :exclamation: :exclamation:
5 paid 15 hour shifts in week one if you got paid for ALL breaks and in week 2 it could be 6 x 15 hour shifts - I think that works…

ROG:

ROG:
ADD - if you got paid for that 3 hour break, you could rack up some hours :exclamation: :exclamation:

That’s for sure. 2 weeks in 8 are weeks were I do 6 days of over 13 hours and with the 3 nights out it comes to a tidy sum in the wages, anything between 80 and 90 hours booked. Only do about 7 hours driving and have plenty of (paid) breaks, partly on the road and partly while on the ferry to and from Ireland. Gotta love the old split daily rest option.