Quick question!

Hello all :slight_smile: Is it possible to do 3 15 hour days a week and reduce to 9 hours rest at anytime in the week you want? Or does a 15 hour day count as 1 reduced rest?

Cheers

Audsley161:
Hello all :slight_smile: Is it possible to do 3 15 hour days a week and reduce to 9 hours rest 3 times a week as you fancy Or does a 15 hour day count as 1 reduced rest?

Cheers

Audsley161:
Hello all :slight_smile: Is it possible to do 3 15 hour days a week and reduce to 9 hours rest at anytime in the week you want? Or does a 15 hour day count as 1 reduced rest?

Cheers

The answer you are looking for is no. In order to do 15 hours duty it has be a 9 hour rest, in order for it fit inside a complete 24 hours.

You could do a split daily rest whenever you wanted though.

Thanks for that! Monday i worked 14 1/2 hours with 11 hours rest, Tuesday was 12 with 11 rest, Wednesday was 12 1/2 with 9 hours rest, so if i work a 15 hour day today i must have an 11 hour rest and make sure tomorrow is a 13 max?

Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Audsley161:
Thanks for that! Monday i worked 14 1/2 hours with 11 hours rest, Tuesday was 12 with 11 rest, Wednesday was 12 1/2 with 9 hours rest, so if i work a 15 hour day today i must have an 11 hour rest and make sure tomorrow is a 13 max?

Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Unless I’m missing something, you could do a 15 day today, with a 9 hour reduced rest. Tomorrow must be 13/11…

This is provided none of your shifts this week were in fact split daily rests.

Thanks for that! Nope no split rests this week

. How much rest you have has no real bearing in a way.
If you work more than 13 hours your into the realms of a reduced daily rest so by working say 14 hours and having 11 off you have still really only had 9 off in a 24 hour period

So basically you can do 15/9 3 times a week inbetween 2 45 hour rest periods?

Does anyone know if I can ride the wife for more than 4.5hours on my fishing licence twice a week and once on a Sunday.

Dipper_Dave:
Does anyone know if I can ride the wife for more than 4.5hours on my fishing licence twice a week and once on a Sunday.

pete smith:

Dipper_Dave:

Coffee all over my keyboard again Dave :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Audsley161:

You’re confusing things unnecessarily, stop thinking about 15 hour shifts AND reduced daily rest periods, start thinking about only regular and reduced daily rest periods, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods..
A weekly rest period is a regular 45 hour weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period

Assuming we’re talking about singled manned journeys any shift over 13 hours from start to finish is a reduced daily rest period, it doesn’t matter if you have 11 hours rest after a shift of more than 13 hours it’s still a reduced daily rest period.

The daily rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, so lets say you start Monday at 06:00, this means that you must have completed a daily rest period no later than 06:00 Tuesday, any rest outside of the 24 hour period does not count as part of your daily rest period.
If you start Monday at 06:00 you can finish at 19:00 and still have a regular 11 hour daily rest period (19:00 to 06:00 is 11 hours), however if you finish after 19:00 you will not be able to complete a regular 11 hour daily rest period by 06:00 Tuesday so it’s a reduced dailly rest period.
Even if you have 11 hours rest it’s still a reduced daily rest period because only the rest that falls inside the 24 hour period counts towards the daily rest period.

Audsley161:

• Monday was a reduced daily rest period in-spite of the fact you had 11 hours rest.
  • Tuesday was a regular daily rest period because the 11 hours rest was completed within the 24 hour period (24 hour period from the start of the shift).
  • Wednesday was a reduced daily rest period because you only had 9 hours rest.

If you work over 13 hours today you will not be able to have a regular daily rest period in the 24 hour period, so it’s a reduced daily rest period even if you have 11 hours rest afterwards.
This will be all your reduced daily rest periods used up until after you’ve had a weekly rest period, so tomorrow you will need to do no more than a 13 hour shift from start to finish, that’s the only way you will be able to complete an 11 hour daily rest period in the 24 hour period.

Audsley161:

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods.
That can be:

• 2 regular weekly rest periods.
  • A regular weekly rest period and a reduced weekly rest period.
    OR
  • 2 Reduced weekly rest periods

Audsley161:

Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Monday reduced as only had 9.5 hours rest (14.5 + 9.5 = 24) the extra 1.5 hours off counts as nothing towards the regs
Tuesday was a regular daily rest (12+11=23) so at least 11 rest within 24
Wednesday was a reduced daily rest because less than 11 hours was taken off
You have one reduced daily rest left until the next weekly rest is taken

ROG:

Audsley161:

Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Monday reduced as only had 9.5 hours rest (14.5 + 9.5 = 24) the extra 1.5 hours off counts as nothing towards the regs
Tuesday was a regular daily rest (12+11=23) so at least 11 rest within 24
Wednesday was a reduced daily rest because less than 11 hours was taken off
You have one reduced daily rest left until the next weekly rest is taken

Thank you so if i work a 15 hour today thats all my reduced used up and i need to have 11 hours off tonight then a 13 tomorrow to stay in line is that correct?

9 tonight minimum.

tachograph:

Audsley161:

You’re confusing things unnecessarily, stop thinking about 15 hour shifts AND reduced daily rest periods, start thinking about only regular and reduced daily rest periods, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods..
A weekly rest period is a regular 45 hour weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period

Assuming we’re talking about singled manned journeys any shift over 13 hours from start to finish is a reduced daily rest period, it doesn’t matter if you have 11 hours rest after a shift of more than 13 hours it’s still a reduced daily rest period.

The daily rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, so lets say you start Monday at 06:00, this means that you must have completed a daily rest period no later than 06:00 Tuesday, any rest outside of the 24 hour period does not count as part of your daily rest period.
If you start Monday at 06:00 you can finish at 19:00 and still have a regular 11 hour daily rest period (19:00 to 06:00 is 11 hours), however if you finish after 19:00 you will not be able to complete a regular 11 hour daily rest period by 06:00 Tuesday so it’s a reduced dailly rest period.
Even if you have 11 hours rest it’s still a reduced daily rest period because only the rest that falls inside the 24 hour period counts towards the daily rest period.

Audsley161:

• Monday was a reduced daily rest period in-spite of the fact you had 11 hours rest.
  • Tuesday was a regular daily rest period because the 11 hours rest was completed within the 24 hour period (24 hour period from the start of the shift).
  • Wednesday was a reduced daily rest period because you only had 9 hours rest.

If you work over 13 hours today you will not be able to have a regular daily rest period in the 24 hour period, so it’s a reduced daily rest period even if you have 11 hours rest afterwards.
This will be all your reduced daily rest periods used up until after you’ve had a weekly rest period, so tomorrow you will need to do no more than a 13 hour shift from start to finish, that’s the only way you will be able to complete an 11 hour daily rest period in the 24 hour period.

Audsley161:

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods.
That can be:

• 2 regular weekly rest periods.
  • A regular weekly rest period and a reduced weekly rest period.
    OR
  • 2 Reduced weekly rest periods

Thank you for that much appreciated!

F-reds:
9 tonight minimum.

Gotcha! So many if’s and buts!

:unamused:

the nodding donkey:
:roll:

:laughing: That reminded me of something - maybe Beezle will remember it…

Dipper_Dave:

No but I can help you out by double manning her for a twenty hour day if that helps !