Split daily rest

Today I ended up having a 3 hour break (3h 1minute to be exact), my total shift time start to finish has been just shy of 15 hours and I’m now on a 9 hour daily rest.

So my understanding is that I can still reduce my rest 3 times MORE this week as this 9 hour doesn’t count as a reduced rest due to the 3 hour break earlier… Have I got that right? Never done a split rest before

As long as the 3 hours was continuous and fitted the definition of a rest then tonight’s 9 hours completes your split daily rest. That means you can still have your 3 reduced daily rests between your weekly rests.

Your split daily rest is actually a regular daily rest taken in two parts.

Yeah you have got it right.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes you’ve got it. A box jockeys best friend

Rowley010:
Today I ended up having a 3 hour break (3h 1minute to be exact), my total shift time start to finish has been just shy of 15 hours and I’m now on a 9 hour daily rest.

So my understanding is that I can still reduce my rest 3 times MORE this week as this 9 hour doesn’t count as a reduced rest due to the 3 hour break earlier… Have I got that right? Never done a split rest before

It does not count as reduced and you can have 3 reduced between weekly rests not per week

OVLOV JAY:
Yes you’ve got it. A box jockeys best friend

+1
Usually at 2hrs 45 I get the horrible shout from round me back doors of ‘your done drive’, which prior to popular belief isnt a que for me to pull me trousers up, it’s the signal for a loo break and slow walk back followed by an even slower air build up, usually takes about 16 mins to complete.

Officially, it should be a 3hr REST period, and then your 9hr REST period.

NOT 3hr BREAK.

However, it looks like bed on the tacho, so do it to suit yourself.

I once had a 9hr tip, so a company famed for it’s amazing employee affection asked if I was going to crack on for another shift since I’d had 9hrs off :astonished:.

Those who have met me know roughly what I said

Anyone who takes ‘rest’ breaks whilst loading / unloading is a complete numpty. Though you will make your boss happy.

Honestly !

Honestscott76:
Anyone who takes ‘rest’ breaks whilst loading / unloading is a complete numpty. Though you will make your boss happy.

Honestly !

I do it to suit myself. I’m paid by the day, not the hour.

OVLOV JAY:

Honestscott76:

Honestly !

I do it to suit myself. I’m paid by the day, not the hour.

Good lad!

Honestly !