Required Provisional License Class...?

Hiya,

If I have a car license and nothing else which provisional license do I apply for to DVLA…? Is it the Cat C…?

Thanks for any help :wink:

For a truck, it’s CAT C. For a bus, CAT D. Tick both boxes and you’ll get both licences.

You firstly need a medical with any doctor. Take form D4 with you. Then complete the licence application - D2 - and send both forms with both parts of your car licence. Sit tight for around 10 days and your licence should arrive. In the meantime you could be learning for the theory tests. This IMO is best done online and is available from various trainers including us.

You’ll find it best to find a trainer who you can trust - preferably recommended. A competent trainer will assist you through every stage to make it as pain free as possible.

Best of luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
For a truck, it’s CAT C. For a bus, CAT D. Tick both boxes and you’ll get both licences.

You firstly need a medical with any doctor. Take form D4 with you. Then complete the licence application - D2 - and send both forms with both parts of your car licence. Sit tight for around 10 days and your licence should arrive. In the meantime you could be learning for the theory tests. This IMO is best done online and is available from various trainers including us.

You’ll find it best to find a trainer who you can trust - preferably recommended. A competent trainer will assist you through every stage to make it as pain free as possible.

Best of luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your help its much appreciated :wink:

I’m going with Avon Driver Training which is in Bristol. I’ve heared a few good reviews and looked online and they seem quite good. They do a free assessment and help you with all your learning etc. I spoke to the guy today and tomorrow I’m going to look at the place and see how it works and what there like, I’ll also have a look at there wagons (Volvo’s). Once I’ve had my medical on the 26th may I’ll send off for my provisional and hopefully it won’t be long before I can get it back.

Heres there website. http://www.avondrivertrainingsw.com/#