Applying for my provisional

Hey guys :slight_smile:

So I’ve had a little break from here for a while. I’m applying for my provisional on Monday so I was wondering what forms I need? Also just to confirm * my birthday is on July the 12th and I’m 17 * so I do qualify don’t I? I imagine it works on the same basis as a car, 3 months before your birthday?

Cheers

Hi there, if u go on the online side of the dvla website then u can order the licence application form and the d4 medical form which u have to get done by your doctor as for the age thing I don’t know but it will tell u on the dvla website hope that helps

Dave

my birthday is on July the 12th and I’m 17 *

(
No problem assuming you have a full car licence.

You must take the D4 medical form with you to the doctor. You can use any doctor for this - not just your own. Then complete the D2 licence form - applying for provisional C (tick D as well - that’s for a bus/coach and it will cost you nothing so you may as well have it). Send the D4, D2 and both parts of your licence to Swansea.

I suggest you start preparing for your theory test = including mod 2 cpc = whilst your wait for your licence. Then you can book the tests as soon as your’e 18.

Hope this helps and good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

How much is it for a Provisional as i am going for my LGV

mickyblue:
How much is it for a Provisional as i am going for my LGV

Provisional Licence: £ Nil

Medical: £80.00 (approx)

Then there’s your theory, hazard perception, witch is £50 (i think)

cheers for that. I always thought it was free

am i right in thinking that i put a X in C and D box?

put a X in C and D box?

That’s the best bet. That way you’ll have provisionals for both truck and bus. Although you probably have no intention of driving a bus, you never know what’s gonna happen in a year or two.

Just a word of warning; with both provisionals it could be easy to make the mistake of booking the wrong theory tests. Just take care. And when you choose your trainer, make it clear that you want to learn on a truck.

Trust me, I know how easy it is to get this wrong!! (I decline the opportunity to expand on this point - I’ll leave it to your imaginations!!)

Have fun, enjoy your training and all the best. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

i need to invest in myself just in case i am out of a job next year with the government funding etc etc

Here’s the link to order the forms online if your struggling to find it like i did.

dvla.gov.uk/dvla/onlineserv … spx?ext=dg