Medical

Hi all,

Just a quick question to ask.

About a year and a half ago I went for an interview with first bus for a trainee driver.
I had a medical and passed it and sent my license away to get the provisional entitlement on it for driving busses. I got my license back but never took the job but still have the provisional entitlement on my license.

Will I still have to do a medical to do my class 2 as I passed it when I was at that interview or will the entitlement on my license count as proof that I have passed a medical.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Firstly check to make sure you haven’t already got CAT C provisional. It’s not unusual to have it and not realise. If you haven’t got it then, strictly speaking, you should have a medical and apply to Swansea for the provisional CAT C. I say “strictly speaking” as I know of cases where folk in similar circumstances have just applied on the D2 form enclosing their existing licence and it’s come back OK.

So if you’re not in a mad rush, try it without. But don’t be surprised if they send it back next week requiring a medical.

Hope this helps and the best of luck with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Craig

At the time you sent off for the Cat D provisional you really should have ticked the Cat C box as well on form D2. Generally the medical is only valid for 4 months. Seems strange as the provisional lasts until you are 45 but that is the way it is.

I have known several people who have contacted the DVLA and mention they meant to tick the other box as well and they sometimes add it F.O.C

If not another medical my friend.

Regards

John
Flair Training

Thanks to both of you for the reply’s.

I have checked my license and I only have the D and D+E :frowning: So might try phone and see what they say or send it away and try it.

The worst they can do is say no and I need to get a medical.

Really want to get my HGV but can’t afford to pay all out at once so was hoping that would be one less thing :laughing:

On an other not does anyone know of any Training places that let you pay up your training rather than paying all out ?

Craig