Drivers medical :)

Sick of driving buses and coaches and always wanted to be a trucker :slight_smile: , just off for my medical now for my Cat C provisional woohoo !!!

Adam27:
Sick of driving buses and coaches and always wanted to be a trucker :slight_smile: , just off for my medical now for my Cat C provisional woohoo !!!

Pity you did not tick C when you applied for D on the D2 form because that would have covered you medically for both PCV & LGV

Hope you do not pay more than ÂŁ60 for the D4 medical

Please read all the stickies near the top of this forum before paying out any money

Ah, I know. At the time of my first medical the doctor told me to tick both boxes, I’m sure I did but on checking my licence it wasn’t there. Maybe I didn’t check it after all. Paid 58 quid for the medical today ( licence now in the post 1st class recorded). My own GP wanted 96 quid. Can’t wait to get cracking. Just used the free lessons and cat D to get me started on bigger stuff. I love driving a bus and coach BUT there is a difference between driving a bus and being a bus driver. This site is incredible, so much friendly advice. When I was coaching, I knew what I needed to know about drivers hours but it’s a bloody head bender all the different “if you’ve done this many hours you can’t do that unless you’ve done this but only when this has happened” etc etc. It’s there an easy way to learn this stuff inside out ?

Everyone has a different way of learning