Can someone breakdown the process for me plz

right im starting the process what do i need to do first ?
ive got the most basic liscence as i aquired it in 99 what upgrade do i need ? thanks

Hi. These are the things that have to happen. The order can be changed in some cases but this is the basic framework:

Get forms D2 and D4 (download or ask a trainer to send them to you)
Make an appointment for a medical at ANY doctor. Take D4 with you.
Compete D2 applying for Cat C provisional and Cat D provisional (this is for bus - but it’s free so go for it)
Study online or by book for your theory tests. Help available from any good trainer
Your provisional licence arrives after about 10 days (but allow 21 before getting upset)
Book your 3 theory tests. Hazard perception, multiple choice and driver cpc module 2 (case studies). Any good trainer will do this for you.
Try to get recommendions for trainers. Avoid the brokers. Always visit the trainer before parting with money. All good trainers will be happy to show you around. Book assesssment drives (sometimes free). Trucks and trainers vary enormously - - have a good hunt around.
Pass your theory tests and book your practical training and driving test. Also your practical driver cpc training and test.
Pass both of them.
To progress to CE (Class One in old money) simply book another course with the same trainer if you were happy. This time there’s no theory but you must have received your licence back from Swansea following your success with the Cat C.

As I said, there are some variables within this but it should give you a good insight. I wish you the very best with your trainin and tests. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Shop around for your medical, my doctor wanted £170 I found one in Birmingham for £29 a massive saving. Good luck

rubberduckY1234:
Shop around for your medical, my doctor wanted £170 I found one in Birmingham for £29 a massive saving. Good luck

Good advise, i paid £150 at my docter, the training school i went with were able to get them for £60.

Thanks guys , ill get in to it

For medical check this

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23685

But depends where you are as when I done mine the provider sorted everything out from the forms medical ( £40 at the time ) disc for theory & HPT booked them then the lessons

Have a look at the training providers in your area go & visit them all ( yellow pages is a good start point )

A read of this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

Then this may be of some use viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60945

A copy of this may also help

online.businesslink.gov.uk/Tran … s_0511.pdf