Getting my licence

Hi, I’m looking to get my HGV licence soon and I’m a bit confused on the process to getting it, from what I’ve seen on here i need to;

Fill in the D2 form and get a medical with the D4 form.
Send the D2 and D4 forms away for my provisional
Theory Test (Questions)
Theory Test (Hazard Perception)
Cat C training and test
Cat C+E training and test
Mod 4 CPC

If anything is wrong correct me and add anything i have missed out :slight_smile:
When filling in the D2 form do i tick all the provisional boxes (C, C1,C1+E) and I’v seen people say to tick the bus ones aswell (D, D1), just a bit unsure of which ones to i can and carn’t tick :confused: :confused:

Cheers

Fill in the D2 form and get a medical with the D4 form.
Send the D2 and D4 forms away for my provisional
Theory Test (Questions)
Theory Test (Hazard Perception)
Theory Test (Mod 2 CPC)
Cat C training and test
(Have to wait for license to come back after passing Cat C) Cat C+E training and test
Mod 4 CPC

Just to note you don’t have to do your mod2 before your driving course. I done my mod2 in between my C and C+E training.

Cat. C and D are the one’s you want, C1 and D1 are merely sub-categories. The reason for ticking the bus box is in case you want to do it at a later date. When you pass your C you’ll get the provisional CE.

Cheers for help quinnylad & LR18-8 makes it more clear what i need to do now to get my licence :smiley: :smiley:

mrpj:
Cat. C and D are the one’s you want, C1 and D1 are merely sub-categories. The reason for ticking the bus box is in case you want to do it at a later date. When you pass your C you’ll get the provisional CE.

So would it be worth me to tick the C1 and D1 boxes aswell as the C and D or does the C and D cover what is on the C1 and D1 :question:
:slight_smile:

Just tick C and D. The rest will come automatically. Good luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Just tick C and D. The rest will come automatically. Good luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ok thanks, just one more question :laughing: i got the disks for the thory test questions and the hazard perception but it there anything out there for the Mod 2 CPC :question: and the Mod 4 but im guessing that is done with the trainer

Megatron:

Peter Smythe:

Ok thanks, just one more question :laughing: i got the disks for the thory test questions and the hazard perception but it there anything out there for the Mod 2 CPC :question: and the Mod 4 but im guessing that is done with the trainer

Mod 2 is pretty easy, just basic questions put into a scenario you have to read. basically it’s just a mix of questions that you will have already learned for your theory test.

Module 4 is done with your trainer, i also found this great online training course very useful too when i did mine, check it out,

flairtraining.co.uk/universi … cmod4/#/1/

Also list of questions asked in pdf format, very handy :slight_smile:

flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

Goodluck.

brawngp:
Mod 2 is pretty easy, just basic questions put into a scenario you have to read. basically it’s just a mix of questions that you will have already learned for your theory test.

Module 4 is done with your trainer, i also found this great online training course very useful too when i did mine, check it out,

flairtraining.co.uk/universi … cmod4/#/1/

Also list of questions asked in pdf format, very handy :slight_smile:

flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

Goodluck.

Oh rite so its like the case study on the car theory test just a little bit of writing with questions relating to the writing :slight_smile: I’ll have a look at that website a look in abit aswell
Cheers :laughing: :laughing: