Is this correct? learning wise

Just had a smurfit kappa driver in our place today, and spoke to him about learning to drive.

He said that once you’ve passed your hgv class C you get a pass certificate, n whilst your licence is away having the c+e added that you can learn your c+e with only the certificate and not your actual licence in your hand? Is this driver correct in what he is saying?

I very much doubt that’s correct, you need provisional C+E on your licence and you won’t have that until your cat C licence application has been processed.

I’ll wait to see if one of the trainers corrects what I’ve said though :slight_smile:

tachograph:
I very much doubt that’s correct, you need provisional C+E on your licence and you won’t have that until your cat C licence application has been processed.

I’ll wait to see if one of the trainers corrects what I’ve said though :slight_smile:

Correct - spot on - got it

When the licence is returned after passing Cat C it will show 2 different dates. The full Cat C will be valid from the successful test day. The provisional C+E will be valid from the date the new licence is issued. Normally around a week afterwards.

We’ll take someone out if we can see the entitlement on the DVLA website. But this is being very picky as it’s only a day or 2 before the licence arrives.

But, as has been said, the CE provisional is not valid until it’s been issued. Though it’s perfectly legal to drive CAT C immediately after passing the test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure if general public can do it but you can ask for a d441 form, (entitle to drive certificate,) this can be done , but luke said above dvla has to update there system and by then the licence is only 2 days away.,unlike me I did it in Germany so saved my self 2 weeks.