training

r8 i have passed my lgv theory last june, im 21 this june and wanting to take my category c lessons and test but i have the c1 provisional which is for the 7.5 tonne category will i need to send off for the category c provisional.

lgamston:
r8 i have passed my lgv theory last june, im 21 this june and wanting to take my category c lessons and test but i have the c1 provisional which is for the 7.5 tonne category will i need to send off for the category c provisional.

YES :slight_smile:

I seem to have missed doing this :blush: :blush:

Welcome lgamston :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Do you need to complete form D4 (medical) for a provisional C1 or C license ?

tachograph:

I think he would have had to have done the medical before the theory as the licence number needs to be given and if the medical was done for C1 then that will also cover C - same as passing theory for C1 covers theory for C

ROG:

tachograph:

I think he would have had to have done the medical before the theory as the licence number needs to be given and if the medical was done for C1 then that will also cover C - same as passing theory for C1 covers theory for C

So you need a medical for C1, I wasn’t sure if you did.
Thanks.

ROG:
the medical was done for C1 then that will also cover C - same as passing theory for C1 covers theory for C

Possibly not; I considered doing my cat D so sent off for a provisional but despite having a current CE licence my form was returned because they required a medical report :confused:

mrpj:

ROG:
the medical was done for C1 then that will also cover C - same as passing theory for C1 covers theory for C

Possibly not; I considered doing my cat D so sent off for a provisional but despite having a current CE licence my form was returned because they required a medical report :confused:

Hmm… thats odd, last time I spoke to the DSA they said that C class & D class medicals were linked :confused: :confused: :confused:
Must speak to them again… will post on here when I do :slight_smile:

ROG:
will post on here when I do :slight_smile:

Thanks, I never did get round to doing another medical :blush: , would be interested in whether I do need one or not.

Hmm… thats odd, last time I spoke to the DSA they said that C class & D class medicals were linked

We have had this query too.

The answer is thast if you take a medical for Cat C then you will also need to take another for Cat D - initially.
But when you come to renew your licence - after the age of 45 - then you can get the who licences and medicals running concurrently.
I had to take medicals for both the truck and then the coach licence but upon renewal just take the one which does the job.

Evening Gent’s
I did my class C in the 90’s and a few years later i did my class D, I can’t remember having to do another medical? The only thing i had to do was the theory test as the theory test wasn’t in use when i did my class C :blush: As far as i’m aware i thought one medical covered the lot? :question:
Regards Smokinbarrels WHO’S STILL GOT A SMILE ON HIS FACE AFTER PASSING HIS C+E LAST FRIDAY!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

smokinbarrels:
Regards Smokinbarrels WHO’S STILL GOT A SMILE ON HIS FACE AFTER PASSING HIS C+E LAST FRIDAY!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: Congratulations, enjoy it for as long as you can m8 :smiley:

smokinbarrels:
Evening Gent’s
I did my class C in the 90’s and a few years later i did my class D, I can’t remember having to do another medical? The only thing i had to do was the theory test as the theory test wasn’t in use when i did my class C :blush: As far as i’m aware i thought one medical covered the lot? :question:

I KNOW

If I remember rightly when someone applies for there Vocational entitlement there are two boxes to tick - one for Cat C and one for Cat D.

On initial application you should tick both boxes and the medical will cover both Categories. If you only tick one and then later on want to add say Cat D provisional then you have to take a further medical.

So the advice is to get provisional entitlement for both categories at the first application. It doesn’t cost anymore!

ROG:

mrpj:

ROG:

Hmm… thats odd, last time I spoke to the DSA they said that C class & D class medicals were linked :confused: :confused: :confused:
Must speak to them again… will post on here when I do :slight_smile:

Update - phoned DVLA - if you have not got D provisional on your licence and your last LGV medical was more than 1 year ago, then you will need another medical for D.
DVLA advice is to tick C & D when applying for your first provisional so that you will not need to do a second or new medical in the future if going for a different upgrade.

ROG:
if you have not got D provisional on your licence and your last LGV medical was more than 1 year ago, then you will need another medical for D.

That explains my situation, thanks for the info.