Relocating

My missus wants us to relocate to the bridlington/scarborough area to be nearer her parents. The only reservations I have is finding class 1 work. I imagine there isn’t much about. Going up next week for a look around. Anyone one out there who knows what’s about and what the pay is like?

cheers

Depends what kind of work you want, to be honest. May be able to help with a few more details…

consider anything really. particularly fridges/containers/hiab

Doesnt Chris? Rice operate from Scarbourgh area?

Local or distance?

ooops its Nigel not Chris, duff memory here!

scarborough will pay crap wages m8…
im unlucky to have been from the town… wages in the area are crap unless you build coaches, or are in the printing game…

jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Interne … ction=none

thats taken from scarborough within 20miles…
i would think york would be better thats 40miles away.

doesn’t ACS & T still do mc cains work out scarborough

I could probably find a job within 15 miles, and still see the sea in a morning. I wish my missus would say that to me :wink:

or are in the printing game

Even that’s on the slide,as part of the work that Greaves does,is/has moved to Sheffield.

Ken.

I live within about 20 miles of Scarborough and Brid. There is work about, but in my experience the money isn’t great. It depends what you want really. I work as a self employed relief driver and I don’t have much trouble finding work.

If you don’t mind being away most/all of the week then it isn’t too far from this area to Hull or Teesport for plenty of work (including containers but there’s plenty of other stuff too).

If you want to stay more local then in S’Boro itself there are people like TEF, Stockdales, McCain, ACS&T, and heading towards Driffield there are any number of bulk tipper firms (Warcup, B I Halder, Paul Headley, J R Hood, K Newton, and many more).

R J Jones have a depot between Malton and Pickering on the A169. Ward Bros are in Malton itself.

No idea if any of them are hiring, but the point I’m trying to make is that there is a fair bit of haulage about, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a job.

Paul

migs69
Try putting your name down with a few agencies in Hull and York while your up here and see what comes of it.
Seems to be the odd firm asking for trampers, but not many asking for day drivers.
Mick