Hello Everybody!

Just thought I’d say hello to everybody and let you know a little about me.
Just passed my class one 2 weeks ago been driving class 2 for 4 years for Holland & Barrett. Now looking for a job up in north Yorkshire (if anybody knows of one) as I’m moving up to Bridlington area.

Hello and welcome to Trucknet geordievin

There are a few lad’s on here from Yorkshire area,Quinny,Robk & Marcustandy,they might give you a few tip’s on the best places to try.Good luck with the move.

Welcome Vin. North Yorks isn’t really my locale. Only place I can suggest is Featherstone Temperature Controlled Transport at Thirsk if you don’t mind fridge work. You’ll be away all week though. Look them up on google as I can’t remember the number off the top of my head. I know it’s 01845 ■■■999 but can’t remember the middle 3.

George will probably answer the phone but I think Sam (female) is in charge there now. I was doing around 70hrs per week (used to claim for 80, they turn a bit of a blind eye) and 4 nights out and was taking around £480 in my hand.

The biggest firms round there i can think of off the top of my head are…

acs+t (i think thats it) Pulling for mccains at Scarbrough.

Halders At hutton cranswick-Bulkers
Warcups-Driffield i think-bulkers.
Wards Bros-General
Bulmers have a malton Depot.

Dont have any contact details sorry. But try google or similar and im sure you will come up with something.

Would you be prepared to travel 40 mins (30 miles)?

That’ll get you to Hull which opens up quite a lot more options.

Same time and distance gets you to Pocklington Ind Estate (airfield) and there’s a couple of companies on there that I know have used agecy drivers in the past (sorry, can’t remember the names just now…i’ll get back to you :blush: ).

You could also try Reed Boardall on the fridge work they have good kit - they keep you busy but are straight.

Welcome to Trucknet Vin :laughing:

Welcome to Tnet Vin. :wink: I will point out this thread to another member who is from north yorks just in case he can help you. Congratulations on your test it feels great doesn’t it! :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

hello vin i know a couple of lads that live in brid and they travel to hull to work.

Bulmers have been laying off recently, so probably not worth it just now.

Loads of work on Teesside, but the money isn’t great (although it is improving)…it’d be quicker for you to look up the relevant section of the online Yellow Pages than list them here…try www.Yell.com :wink:

Hi and welcome to TruckNet UK geordievin
and congratulations on the class 1 pass.
Also good luck with the move :smiley:

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet,Vin.

vin can’t help with yorkshire but what was holland and barret like to work for :question:

jon

Well cheers everybody I was’nt expecting that much info from my first post, enough to keep me busy on googe for a while! Tried a couple of the suggestions already but it’s the same old problem of `have you got any experience’ . Hull or York is probably looking like my best bet or try to find an agency that deals this way.
Jonboy- H&B not bad to work for just heavy work and thier not to bothered about how they get the stuff out as long as it goes, but moneys good they only run 7.5 and class 2, 55 hours ish 25k a year.

Cheers again everybody Vince