Refresher needed

Hi ive got 10 years class 1 driving experiance but have been away from the trade for the last 6 years, im looking for someone to help give me an hour refresher , due to lack of confidence which is silly cos i know i was a good driver , if asked 6 years ago i would of said i was one of the best just need a kick start to get back into it , i am willing to pay a small fee or do a free load any help would be great …im from portsmouth . thanks simon

a location might be a good starting point :wink:

simonjdig:
any help would be great … thanks simon

Hi Simon,

chaversdad has a fair point mate, cos a location might just be helpful for you to get you what you’re looking for. :grimacing:

im in portsmouth

simonjdig:
Hi ive got 10 years class 1 driving experiance but have been away from the trade for the last 6 years, im looking for someone to help give me an hour refresher , due to lack of confidence which is silly cos i know i was a good driver , if asked 6 years ago i would of said i was one of the best just need a kick start to get back into it , i am willing to pay a small fee or do a free load any help would be great … thanks simon

Hello simon,

I’ve been in a similar position to you, after 16 years driving lorries, I (regrettably) left road transport for rail. After being on rail for the last 10 years, i had done a couple of days (6 years ago) for a now finished O/D mate of mine. More recently I decided to get back to keeping my hand in. I approached my guv’nor of 19 years ago and he has given me the chance to get back into it straight away! Just odd days here and there. After 10 mins in an artic it was like I hadn’t been away from it. My advice is to look up your old aquaitances and ask. Don’t worry about the time away from it, as my old boss said “don’t worry, its like riding a bike, you just do it naturally”. He was right, so go for it. Good luck. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Mark.

simonjdig:
Hi ive got 10 years class 1 driving experiance but have been away from the trade for the last 6 years, im looking for someone to help give me an hour refresher , due to lack of confidence which is silly cos i know i was a good driver , if asked 6 years ago i would of said i was one of the best just need a kick start to get back into it , i am willing to pay a small fee or do a free load any help would be great …im from portsmouth . thanks simon

IM STILL LOOKING IF ANYONE CAN HELP 13/1/11

Change your user name to Janice or susan and watch the offers pour in :blush: :laughing:

pete-b:
Change your user name to Janice or susan and watch the offers pour in :blush: :laughing:

lol would it help that im white and british

simonjdig:

pete-b:

NO! :laughing:

pete-b:

simonjdig:

pete-b:

NO! :laughing:

No :wink:

being female is the only way to get replies :wink:

I can’t really help as I don’t run artics !

Thanks for all your help but im still looking

D.R.I.V.I.N.G.S.C.H.O.O.L.?

44 Tonne Ton:

tryed it they want stupid money for the hour

if you lived closer to Hinckley, or you want to travel up there, i would say yes

shuttlespanker:
if you lived closer to Hinckley, or you want to travel up there, i would say yes

that would be great im willing to travel it would still be cheaper than a driving school , my email simonjdig@hotmail.com

simonjdig:

44 Tonne Ton:

Just curious mate, how much did they want and what did that get you?

44 Tonne Ton:

simonjdig:

44 Tonne Ton:

they wanted £180 for the hour ,but im sorted now thanks for all the replys

simonjdig:

44 Tonne Ton:

simonjdig:

44 Tonne Ton:

they wanted £180 for the hour ,but im sorted now thanks for all the replys

You’re quite right they’re taking the pee! They could have tacked on a couple of hours at the end of a day for you to have a run at a much more reasonable rate. :grimacing:

I had a free drive with zenith driving school , was a bit rusty for the first 10 mins but then it all came back to me , dont know what i was worried about lol , thanks for all your replys.