Refresher course after only passing in september

passed my class 2 in september but it was only a stepping stone to my class 1 and ive not drove one since,however a job opportunity has popped up (class 2) and iven got to do an assesment. ive booked an hour this afternoon refresher,do you think ive done the right thing?just to get me in the swing of things again.

in a nutshell YES

clarkyboy:
passed my class 2 in september but it was only a stepping stone to my class 1 and ive not drove one since,however a job opportunity has popped up (class 2) and iven got to do an assesment. ive booked an hour this afternoon refresher,do you think ive done the right thing?just to get me in the swing of things again.

Very sensible :smiley:

it wont do you any harm and if you get them to treat you like you are on test it will set you in good stead for the assessment

job assesment is tommorow and the letter they sent said a basic driving assesment

clarkyboy:
job assesment is tommorow

Let us know how the assessment goes as there has been discussions on this point with some saying that the assessors are looking for too much or not being realistic etc.

Can only help in keeping you on the ball too!
All the best for tomorrow :smiley:
Stu

What does a refresher cost anyway? I’m in the same boat. Passed first time in late Sept and haven’t driven a day since. I’m working in a Transport office so I’m in the industry, but no driving jobs even for a newbie whose 36 years old! sighhh!! Good Luck.

gjwlogan:
What does a refresher cost anyway? I’m in the same boat. Passed first time in late Sept and haven’t driven a day since. I’m working in a Transport office so I’m in the industry, but no driving jobs even for a newbie whose 36 years old! sighhh!! Good Luck.

I would imagine that a 1 hour refresher would not be that expensive.
Shop around for the best deal if you have a choice in your local area.

Working in a transport office - can none of your drivers help you out - even if you offered to pay the boss for the fuel :question: :bulb:

ROG:

gjwlogan:

I would imagine that a 1 hour refresher would not be that expensive.
Shop around for the best deal if you have a choice in your local area.

Working in a transport office - can none of your drivers help you out - even if you offered to pay the boss for the fuel :question: :bulb:

If its like the 1 hour assesment drives React in Reading are doing then it’ll cost about 30 quid… :wink:

i went out this afternoon and picked it up straight away like id been driving every day since my test.a few iffy moments with the box,not gear selection just getting the gear but once id got the feeling for the box i was away.thanks for the reply rog

clarkyboy:
i went out this afternoon and picked it up straight away like id been driving every day since my test.a few iffy moments with the box,not gear selection just getting the gear but once id got the feeling for the box i was away.thanks for the reply rog

it’s surprising how it all seems to come back very quickly - just like riding a bicycle after years of not doing so.

I used to get artic drivers who had not driven one for 10+ years and they had it sussed again after a few hours :smiley:

ROG:

clarkyboy:
job assesment is tommorow

Let us know how the assessment goes as there has been discussions on this point with some saying that the assessors are looking for too much or not being realistic etc.

hi rog assesment went very well and i had an excellent drive,was complimented by the assesor on my driving…got a good feeling bout this one,interview went well

Well done Clarkyboy,

i hope you get the outcome you want mate

let us know