Refresher training

Hello all, what do the old and bold think of refresher training for rusty or not very experienced drivers like myself, passed my class 2 in 2008, but still in my old job (army) shift work 4 on 4 off. Is there a course available out there to bring me up to speed/ improve confidence ect , south west Wales is my location , cheers all.

John3764:
Hello all, what do the old and bold think of refresher training for rusty or not very experienced drivers like myself, passed my class 2 in 2008, but still in my old job (army) shift work 4 on 4 off. Is there a course available out there to bring me up to speed/ improve confidence ect , south west Wales is my location , cheers all.

Why pay for practice, that’s what desperate and crap agency jobs are for…

Next! :smiley:

.See below :grimacing:

Just contact a local company and find out whats there hourly rate is…then book 3 hrs and if you need more then get more…

Why pay for practice, that’s what desperate and crap agency jobs are for

OP John is just being responsible… doesn’t want to be tarnished with that crap agency driver crap…He might have some standards…

Standards? :laughing: We’re not talking MSA parking here are we? :wink:

Yeah I was being flippant mate, and no offence to the OP as I haven’t been in his position…
It’s down to confidence though, as people say you pick it up pretty much instantly, and if confidence is an issue to someone, it may not be the right game for them. I think you just need to get struck in, and the crap work firms, that are desperate for drivers, will sometimes buddy that person’s first few shifts.

SO, did I get an answer to the question or not. :confused:

by the way, thanks swampy :smiley:

John3764:
SO, did I get an answer to the question or not. :confused:

If you personally feel you need a refresher, then do one!
If you don’t feel you need one, then don’t, as there are alternatives…

It’s the best I can offer without reading your tea leaves! :smiley:

If you feel a refresher will do you good then go for it,above all confidence is worth it,you will have enough getting up finding where to go who to see without wondering if your driving a ok and as trucks have changed a lot a few hours in a new truck will do you good aswell.

Jeff.