Refesher Training

Got my class 1 licence but haven’t used it much since 2008…on and off driving in 2009…so Im looking to get back in to the swing of things and I think its best for all if I get some refresher training…need to get back into the groove

Anyone recommend number of hrs and what’s the possible damage going to be :grimacing:

Half a day with an artic will do it - I used to do this regularly with some who had not driven a LGV in 10+ years

I used to take them to an ind est where many units were empty and accessible to do real life reversing

My GUESS is that the cost would be in the region of £200 but I am sure those doing the training now could come u with a more accurate figure :smiley:

PS - do you have a current DQC and digicard :question:

It’s difficult to know exactly what you might be looking at, but from experience I would hazard a guess at around 3 hours. In our particular case we charge £200 incl for this. Then take off your Trucknet user discount which makes it £180. You even get a certificate to say you’ve done it which has a value when going for work with such a large time gap.

We ensure that you are as comfortable as possible with reversing in genuine situations rather than around some cones. Then the couple/uncouple and the rest of the time is spent driving, primarily concentrating on traffic and turns.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You even get a certificate to say you’ve done it

And if you’re really unlucky, you get your picture taken with it! :smiley:

I’m not looking forward to seeing my mug on your website Pete :unamused:
(But I did sign on the dotted line! :grimacing:)

To the OP, you won’t go wrong with Pete, I did my class C with his instructors, they were perfect!
Kit’s good too!

I have just done 4 hours

the cost usually is around £60-70 per hour and most training centres I have contacted do a minimum of 3-4 hours so for me 4 hours was £250

it’s a right sting in the wallet to be honest but I think it has to be done if you spent some time away from the ‘big wheel’

for me I found that the 4 hours ‘flew away’ and it was just barely acceptable, less is not enough as the time does ‘fly’.

I did everything though: quite a lot of reversing, coupling/uncoupling, driving in country lanes/town centres/motorway and A roads/dual carriageways.

Now I got my taste back I want more, I miss trucking so much I felt really emotional when in the wagon yesterday (and miserable back at work today as I was not behind the wheel) :blush: :grimacing:

Well I got to have some refresher training…cannot see the point in going for an interview and doing a driving assessment on a wing and a prayer
Much rather have some time behind the wheel just to get back in the groove… anyway someone else may be paying for this, so I’m taking advantage of it :grimacing: