Reed & boardall wages?

whould these wages be about right?

“tramping” monday to friday, £20 a night, £5 pw bonus for no bumps, & apparantly averaging £550 take home pw?

suposed to be somthing like £7.18 for first 8 hours then £8.50 ish after that & sunday over £10 ph o/t?

truckers boy:

“tramping” monday to friday, £20 a night, £5 pw bonus for no bumps, & apparantly averaging £550 take home pw?

suposed to be somthing like £7.18 for first 8 hours then £8.50 ish after that & sunday over £10 ph o/t?

To earn the £550 p/w take home at those rates you’ll obviously have to be aware that you’ll be pretty much maxing out on weekly spreads and therefore, with the work RB is involved in, fortnightly driving hours etc.

truckers boy:

dunno what they pay now but earlier this year it was 7ph for first 9 per day then 8.50 not sure about sun rate, there was no bonus for accident free driving in fact if you had a accident they charged you claiming you were negligent. they dont like you stopping for breaks like you to book breaks on bays even tho you cannot get food at most rdcs and cannot remain in cab, not a good job in my opinion hence huge turnover of drivers, if tramping you will not be allocated a regular motor in fact you may not even keep the same unit all week as if they req it on nites you are brought back to depot and sent home following day diff unit

dave_k:
To earn the £550 p/w take home at those rates you’ll obviously have to be aware that you’ll be pretty much maxing out on weekly spreads and therefore, with the work RB is involved in, fortnightly driving hours etc.

what do you mean by fortnightly driving hours? newish to the actual driving usualy fixing them.

cheers

truckers boy:

dave_k:

what do you mean by fortnightly driving hours? newish to the actual driving usualy fixing them.

cheers

You can only do 90hours a fortnight so if you max out hours in first week then you cant max out the following week

Rb wages are :
Mon to fri first 9hours £7.14
Any hours after that £9.18

Sat £9.64 all day
Sun £11.93 all day
£5 weekly bonus
£20.19 per night out

Paid for all the hours at work no breaks deducted

No set wagon different one each week unless like me u get on the euro work where u get ur own wagon and sometimes sent home midweek if the truck is needed for night men

Hope that helps

How long have they been doing European work?

Conor:
How long have they been doing European work?

I’ve seen them a few times over the past few weeks along the corridor,was quite surprised when I first spotted one as I haven’t seen them over there before…

Been for a while do deliveries to france etc n also collect from france and belgium alot

GAZLEEDS:
Been for a while do deliveries to france etc n also collect from france and belgium alot

I wish our lot would do that but they sub it all out now, they even sub out Scotch work :frowning:

my mate worked for them, i got him a job at our place with me and for less hours he is over £100 better off weekly :slight_smile:

GAZLEEDS:

Hmmm…

Wouldn’t mind that. Down to France/Belguim, reload and back to Boroughbridge.

grahamzx6r:
my mate worked for them, i got him a job at our place with me and for less hours he is over £100 better off weekly :slight_smile:

Bet he does more work though. I remember most of my working week was parked up on a loading bay with my head in my pillow waiting for a green light.

truckers boy:

Monday to Friday and £550 to take home - not a single chance Mate

Conor:

grahamzx6r:

Bet he does more work though. I remember most of my working week was parked up on a loading bay with my head in my pillow waiting for a green light.

you will lose ya bet, both of us on containers :slight_smile:

GAZLEEDS:
Rb wages are :

Sat £9.64 all day
Sun £11.93 all day
£5 weekly bonus
£20.19 per night out

Speaks volumes about the state of the transport industry.

Stan

Anyone know if these are still taking trampers on :question:

Stanley Knife:

GAZLEEDS:
Rb wages are :

Sat £9.64 all day
Sun £11.93 all day
£5 weekly bonus
£20.19 per night out

Speaks volumes about the state of the transport industry.

Stan

Too right…why would you…■■? it must break them paying such a generous weekly bonus…and on top of such a generous wage… :unamused:

and people call stobarts :unamused:

£7.14 x 9 =£64.26 x5 =£262 x52 = £16707 p.a basic.

Is it any wonder the average age of today’s drivers is so high.