Reed boardall good money?

Hi recently passed my class one license and want to get a job tramping etc and in the last couple of weeks I’ve had 4 other drivers independently tell me to go Rees boardall because I will probs earn anywhere between £590 -£790 a week just wondering if this is actually true and is it worth going there currently doing multi drop class 2 pallet deliveries and the odd artic run to do collections earning £380 a week. The firm I work for have said that eventually I will move onto artics permanently but our artic drivers are only on around £450 a week

RB + good money don’t go together in the same sentence. You might do £590 if you sleep in the truck for 5 nights and do 80 hours work. £790 is pie in the sky. £450 is more likely for a ‘normal’ weeks work there.

I gave a lift to one of the trampers yesterday and he said take home was average 500 quid inclusive of four nights out money. It is quiet at the moment but 550 would be classed as a very good week. 790 is impossible on their rates.

Thanks just with being told the same thing from 3 different people got my attention I heard drivers for bako northern were on £27k driving class 2s and were leaving to go to reed boardall as it was more money doing four on four off

I think they are being rather optimistic or have a faulty calculator. If those guys are on Mon to Fri considering they are only guarunteed a nine hour day their new wage is 17433. They will struggle to make ten grand in overtime.

There seem to be a lot of faulty calculators about these days. According to a Bedford’s Transport driver called Darren, they are making £800 per week! … which is rather amusing when the hourly rate there is £6.80/hr.

I thought I had read before the money was rubbish just thought I would ask the question thanks guys

Rob K:
There seem to be a lot of faulty calculators about these days. .

Most are still in daily use within our Government. :laughing: