Redundant tomorrow

i`ve just been informed that i will be made redundant and i have a meeting with transport manager and MD on wedensday to see what package they are going to put together.
this is due to a lack of work and in the five years i have worked there i have seen the drop in work over this time.
iam now looking for work class 2 if possible but the problem i have is i only have six months experience as my company paid for me to upgrade my licence in august 07 so not even six months as yet.
iam prepared to work days or nights what ever days requid and i dont mind traveling to work as long as its not to far.
i live in andover hampshire so if anyone could help or advice me what i should do this would be most appriciated.
i have phoned a few companys local to me and iam just waiting for a reply from them.
any help would be good.

thanks fran

Im sorry to hear that youve been made redundant. What a crappy time of the year for it to happen :exclamation:

It will be very hard for you to find a job for a few weeks as things are very quiet at the mo, but if i hear of anything i`ll let you know.

Good luck in the search and keep us informed :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

wardreefa:
i`ve just been informed that i will be made redundant and i have a meeting with transport manager and MD on wedensday to see what package they are going to put together.

Hi Fran, what a bummer :smiling_imp:

It all seemed to be going well for you, but let’s see what positives there might be.

1. You got your licence for free
  2. You have 6 months(ish) genuine experience

If it were me, I’d ask nicely for a reference and try a local agency for some odds and sods, whilst you plan your next move.

:open_mouth: Bit of a shock this happening just now and so sudden. :open_mouth:
Sorry to hear it mate, I hope things pick up for you very quickly.

i know a few lads that have started with an agency as soon as they have passed their tests so i think with 6 mths experience they would give you work, they might put u out in a 7.5t for a week or so to prove urself then once they see ur ok move u up to bigger trucks, good luck anyway mate.

Another thought in mind, here in Wales there is funding avaiable for “retraining” if you’re made redundant, this includes “upgrading” to class 1 :wink: worth asking about down your local jobcentre.

or you could use your redundancy to pay for your class one