Update.....

Well it’s been a few months of driving the ‘cattle’ round Weston Super Mare and tbh I have got to the end of my tether.

I thought that the change of scene would be good. And on some ways it has done me good. I have seen the other side and the grass is not greener.

So I start 2 weeks paid holiday tonight and will be looking for something else.

Whether I go on the coaches or lorries I am not sure. Also as none of my categories are yet 2 years old I may struggle.

But I really want out of this. It’s ruined my home life. I’m now single and a part time Dad.

So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. I am willing to move to where the work is but also would need to find accommodation to suit.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

If your willing to move you could try the co-op in Andover thats were i am and hoping to carry on working when i have my passes.

hr.norbert-dentressangle.co.uk/Our-Opportunities

Drop down list = operations.

Dan

Dean
Follow you heart mate. You want to drive trucks, not buses filled with people that dont even want to be your customers

It is a bit tough but every driver somehow got their first start

Next time start a new thread “I Made My Dream Come True”

See you on the other side of where you think you are.

Dean,

A couple of weeks back you replied to a post of mine regarding agency work in our area (North Devon, Somerset) you suggested I contact John at Driverhire, Taunton…I did, and I told him you had mentioned him on this forum, all positive stuff.
Just a thought but it might be worth getting in touch with him again whilst you were recently in his mind…as it were!

TBH, reading your posts and all the help and advise you’ve suggested i’m surprised you went on the buses.

Good luck and hoping it turns to the better for you :slight_smile:

Tazbug (Colin Cooper should John ask!)

Dean sorry to hear that your not happy , what will happen if u leave the buses as from what i understand u had to stay two years , will it cost u to leave , i hope it all works out for you and that u and ur wife get back together as you have had a lot of stress with one thing and another and hopefully as things get back on track for you u may be able to sort things out , i really wish u all luck now for the future and hope ur luck will be turning for the better , keep smiling i know its hard ,

best wishes

jx

I am in a 2 year bond and they will chase me for the money as well as losing the week in hand.

I have slept on it and have decided that once the long weekend is over I’m going to move on to better.

As for relationships. I’m not one to say never. But I think this one has run its course unfortunately.

To quote a well known participator.

O N W A R D S !!! Lol

Dean,
I have just read your post and I am not good enough with word to say what I feel.
Keep your chin up mate, always darkest before the dawn and all that.
You WILL be OK, and better than OK. You have the balls to do what a lot wouldn’t do. You have the perseverence to keep trying until you get there.
Follow you gut instinct.
You have had good times in the past and you will have many more in the future. The present is just a short lesson to help you recognise and appreciate the good times that are to come. I speak from great experience.
I look forward to reading your forthcoming posts about your successes and achievements.
All the best
Alan

dar1976:
As for relationships. I’m not one to say never. But I think this one has run its course unfortunately.

O N W A R D S !!! Lol

sending u a big hug hope that makes you feel better

jx

Going on coaches will not do anything to improve your domestic situation, unless you go Nat Ex, which is just a glorified bus service!

Our drivers, on touring work, are getting home for not much more than 24 hrs at a time, and a lot of that is in hotels at Dover, or other interchange points. Not exactly great if you have kids!

DonutUK:
Going on coaches will not do anything to improve your domestic situation, unless you go Nat Ex, which is just a glorified bus service!

Our drivers, on touring work, are getting home for not much more than 24 hrs at a time, and a lot of that is in hotels at Dover, or other interchange points. Not exactly great if you have kids!

As I said I am a part time dad anyway. And I just want to do best for my littl’un now.

Jennie:

dar1976:

O N W A R D S !!! Lol

sending u a big hug hope that makes you feel better

jx

Hugs always help ■■

Yeah. Either you can hack it or you can’t. I lasted 2.5 years before I jacked it.

Got a minibus run out to Lincolnshire today in a 16 seater for a local limo company and had there full size new Scania yesterday so its not all bad out there. In time you might find something on the private coaching side too that is less stressful than regular buses.

Dean

Sorry to hear your not having a good time of it lately. Go where your gut instinct tells you. I’m sure if you keep at it, something will turn up eventually. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear things aren’t quite how you’d like them to be right now Dean. I can’t remember if you’re C+E? Do you need to stay in your area for the youngster?

I have CE. Passed it in Nov last year but havent used it since. 18 months cat C.

I would prefer to stay this end of the country if I can, but would move a fair distance for the right opportunities (if that makes sense).

Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys and girls.

dar1976:
I have CE. Passed it in Nov last year but havent used it since. 18 months cat C.

I would prefer to stay this end of the country if I can, but would move a fair distance for the right opportunities (if that makes sense).

Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys and girls.

I remember you replying to Guvnors post for a P/T driver in Chelmsford. You were chasing a job in the area a while back and were planning to stay with relatives I think? 2/3 shifts on Aldi then top up with something back your end might be an idea?

It’s tempting. Got 1 or 2 options to follow up tomorrow / Wednesday and if nothing comes of it then will give Aldi a look.

I’m doing a mix of class 2 and 7.5t work with a couple days a week on mini bus and coaches…

I don’t have a problem with the passengers as 99.9% of them are just passing through and often with a smile or at least no hassle. And the 0.1% although annoying at the time are easily dealt with.

It’s the management that are a total nightmare. More chiefs than Indians. And loyalty to the drivers is non existent.

They would rather pay out on an insurance claim than investigate the drivers view of an incident.

Total bad management.

So maybe coaching in a well managed firm would suit.

Just hope something comes of one of these avenues.

And thanks to those who have PMd with ideas.

Double post