Update.....

I can see the positivity coming back fella , your gonna be fine , get out there and turn it all around :wink:

In a few weeks that smile will be back on ya face !!!

jen x

Dar, this is one of the beasts I get to drive when doing coaching work:

But then I also drive the 8 and 16 seaters
(These were taken at night sans passengers)

Your licence, despite any confusing restrictions means you can drive PCV with more than 8 seats which includes minibuses. Most coach companies would want a CRB done but ISTR you might already have had one of them after your work with schools locally here, but I could be wrong. Not that it can get transferred in any case.

There is always companies like Stagecoach and National Express doing long distance work but I’m afraid you will find the difference between management and drivers prevailant across the board, often in the service bus industry but also in the trucking side too. If you’re careful then you can get a decent coach company but don’t hold your breath. If you’re going back to trucks you might be able to get in doing a bit of side work with coaches too, if you’re interested.

I’m taking it because other work is a tad slow and, well, paying the rent is a priority, despite how many tax issues are getting in the way…

To totally go against what the above poster has said. Do not go on coaches.

I’ve been off trucks for a while now and touring in the same coach as above for Trafalgar.

I have no TV licence, my last electricity bill was less than £10 and I cancelled my Sky.

Im never home! ■■■■ you not I’ve been home 5 days in a month if im lucky. I travel from London home by plane to see the wee one for a couple days off.

I’ve got a little one and rarely see him, the money isn’t terribly great either. You’d not get stuck on touring for quite some time which is where the money is. So you’d be on an hourly wage which isn’t great at all.

Im expected to do 18 hour days for £65 plus £10 night out and I make my money off tips, but like I said touring is not something you get till you’ve proven yourself.

Stay on the trucks, if you want something easy I’d suggest the Co-op as stated above, easy, good money and no problems to work for.

Looks like I may have a start. Mix of C and CE with nights out.

Going for interview tomorrow.

Will let you all know how it goes and more details once the details are finalised.

Feeling a lot happier now :slight_smile:

stagedriver:
To totally go against what the above poster has said. Do not go on coaches.

I’ve been off trucks for a while now and touring in the same coach as above for Trafalgar.

I have no TV licence, my last electricity bill was less than £10 and I cancelled my Sky.

Im never home! [zb] you not I’ve been home 5 days in a month if im lucky. I travel from London home by plane to see the wee one for a couple days off.

I’ve got a little one and rarely see him, the money isn’t terribly great either. You’d not get stuck on touring for quite some time which is where the money is. So you’d be on an hourly wage which isn’t great at all.

Im expected to do 18 hour days for £65 plus £10 night out and I make my money off tips, but like I said touring is not something you get till you’ve proven yourself as an eejit.

Stay on the trucks, if you want something easy I’d suggest the Co-op as stated above, easy, good money and no problems to work for.

FTFY.