Maybe Redundant?

Well hopefully this drawn out saga will finally be put to rest tis week! We have six drivers at our place (class 2) and two of us have gotta go as apparently, we as a company, cannot afford to finance us all, even though we are fully occupied every day?

Tbh I wish they would sort it as the not knowing who is probably worse that the fate that awaits itself!

Please be this week…

Moan over :unamused:

■■■■ em…

Start looking. They clearly couldn’t give a monkeys about you, why should you worry about them.

You’ll be looking along with possibly 5 other drivers for work, get going first.

Yet i bet its one of them places where they will keep the 3 or 4 brain dead ■■■■■ in the office who couldn’t plan a ■■■■ in a sperm bank never mind plan routes for lorries efficiently. As been said, ■■■■ them, they couldn’t care less if you can pay your bills or not. As long as there alright and get a pat on the head for saving money, then they can all talk about it. Yet disguising the fact they are pathetically ■■■■ at there job

Good luck with whatever happens.
Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bristolrob:
Yet i bet its one of them places where they will keep the 3 or 4 brain dead [zb] in the office who couldn’t plan a [zb] in a sperm bank never mind plan routes for lorries efficiently. As been said, [zb] them, they couldn’t care less if you can pay your bills or not. As long as there alright and get a pat on the head for saving money, then they can all talk about it. Yet disguising the fact they are pathetically [zb] at there job

Did you even bother to read the OP before using it as a rant about office staff?

Clearly states 6 drivers at risk of redundancy and 2 will be made redundant.

Oh and OP good luck and hope the redundancy pay is worthwhile if it happens to be you. Or that you get to keep your job if you like the job and company you work for.

Obviously it’s a choice and certainly not knowing who is making it harder for you all.

Hope it work out.

The fact that the OP states they are making redundancies even though all of the drivers are fully occupied every day rings alarm bells for me.

Harry Monk:
The fact that the OP states they are making redundancies even though all of the drivers are fully occupied every day rings alarm bells for me.

True but even very profitable businesses have to make redundancies sometimes. Its not always a case of being in the proverbial. We don’t even know who the OP works for small company or big major company.

Harry Monk:

Yeah, sounded to me like they’re getting rid of two drivers and dumping the workload onto those who remain. Probably worth looking for another job regardless.

I would work.out how much redundancy you’ll get (basic rate) and that’ll tell you if its worth staying or jumping the gun.

It could also be that they are hoping people will leave instead of having to pay redundancy.

I would be asking the management about a voluntary redundancy package. Depending on circumstances that we don’t know about maybe an early jump is in order. The agencies will soon be picking up after the Winter slow down.

simcor:

Harry Monk:

True but even very profitable businesses have to make redundancies sometimes. Its not always a case of being in the proverbial. We don’t even know who the OP works for small company or big major company.

I would suggest “some very profitable businesses choose to make redundancies sometimes”, might be more accurate?
I wouldn`t want to work for a loss making company, clearly no future in that, but not all profit making companies are good employers.

Franglais:

simcor:

Harry Monk:

I would suggest “some very profitable businesses choose to make redundancies sometimes”, might be more accurate?
I wouldn`t want to work for a loss making company, clearly no future in that, but not all profit making companies are good employers.

Well yes a company chooses to make redundancies of course. But they don’t just make them for no reason usually , usually cutting some staff is done to avoid all the staff being out of a job. At the end of the day companies are there to make profit and make money for the shareholders/owners etc, not for the workers.

Are you hanging on in hope for a decent payout or do you actually like the job and want to stay ?

most always the leaving turns out to be very good for the leaver . Usually its a chance for a change of direction

simcor:

Franglais:

simcor:

Harry Monk:

Well yes a company chooses to make redundancies of course. But they don’t just make them for no reason usually , usually cutting some staff is done to avoid all the staff being out of a job. At the end of the day companies are there to make profit and make money for the shareholders/owners etc, not for the workers.

I heard Maritime have made six drivers redundant out of Southampton and are getting rid of trucks up and down the country - are you telling me that is for the greater good of the rest of their staff keeping their jobs?

Jimmy McNulty:

simcor:

Franglais:

simcor:

Harry Monk:

I heard Maritime have made six drivers redundant out of Southampton and are getting rid of trucks up and down the country - are you telling me that is for the greater good of the rest of their staff keeping their jobs?

As I said we don’t know if the OP works for a large company or a small company. If a small family company then yes loosing 2 people and the associated costs could be the difference between the company going belly up or continuing to trade and keeping x amount of people employed.

Even in big businesses eventually if a particular part of the business isn’t making any money then the rest of the business cannot continue to subsidise that part forever and cost have to be cut or that par of business is closed down.

I’m just trying to point out without all the facts no one able to justify it either way.

Just seems the way people talk on here, is like this sort of stuff only happens in the haulage industry.

I’ve worked in many different types of jobs and they all have their pitfalls and job issues and redundancies etc.

Business of any sort no matter how it’s glorified by some on here is about making money for the shareholders or owners and making as much profit as possible.

Any other way of trying to run a business is foolish 99% of the time. There may be that 1% of businesses that are not all about massive profits but they are few and far between.

The biggest result of redundancies and going belly up are companies that get too big or too quickly try to scale up and that results in the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Its only a short time back it was normal to read comments like “would,nt get of bed for anything less than £15 an hour” , I always wondered how long it would take for a culture like that to jump up and bite you on the bum , I think we may about to find out .

Harry Monk:

:confused: :laughing:

It depends on the definition of ‘occupied’.Fewer workers ‘occupied’ doing more work in a ‘day’.That’s progress.

shugg:
Its only a short time back it was normal to read comments like “would,nt get of bed for anything less than £15 an hour” , I always wondered how long it would take for a culture like that to jump up and bite you on the bum , I think we may about to find out .

Yes but it was also only a short time back it was normal to read that we’ve got a driver shortage and we need East Euro immigrant labour to fill the vacancies.