Maybe Redundant?

Sounds similar to where I work.
We run 6 trucks smallish firm.
And ever since we went back after Xmas work at times seems.non existent.
Me personally am.loving it doing 8 9 hours a day no early morning starts late finishes… others are complaing there not getting in the.hour’s and are down on there wages as paid hourly

edd1974:
Me personally am.loving it doing 8 9 hours a day no early morning starts late finishes… others are complaing there not getting in the.hour’s and are down on there wages as paid hourly

So if your co workers are moaning about being down on pay why don’t they leave ■■

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

edd1974:

So if your co workers are moaning about being down on pay why don’t they leave ■■

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think they are. Looking around
Im.half looking. As in I look but most are agency have applied to a few but no replies.
Am.a little lucky I a way I don’t really need the extra hours to survive.
So as long as getting paid am happy but if right job comes up id soon leave.
.but as they say grass isn’t always greener on the other side

Depends on how long the OP has been there, it used to be ‘last in, first out’ regarding reundancy but maybe that doesn’t apply now? No harm in looking around though, I was the only employee at the company when I was made redundant but was offered several jobs when the word got around even before I actually left and was working my months notice out.

Pete.

andy288*:
We have six drivers at our place (class 2) and two of us have gotta go as apparently, we as a company, cannot afford to finance us all, even though we are fully occupied every day?

They’ll probably replace them with agency drivers to make their business more ‘flexible and competitive’. Then again until there are only 1-2 full time drivers remaining, the rest - agency.

If you’re in the West Midlands I can give you a lead for a job opening in March (4 weeks on agency at first then perm - maybe)

Thank you all for your comments and input.

Today, after four weeks, received the news I was redundant along with another collegue. They have paid (or will pay) four weeks in lieu of notice plus all the rest of the bits and pieces I am due - all confirmed in writing.

Its all a bit suspect tbh as to how they selected us but I have decided to draw a line under it, let it go and move on!

Registered on agency I used previously this morning and credit where its due thay have found me work for Monday, on exactly the same hourly rate I have been getting as a permanent employee!

Loyalty obviously doesn’t count for much so I’ll just take as much as I can get now as an agency limper! Now wheres that carrier bag… :laughing: