WELL THATS IT

Well thats it boys have now spent 2hours sigining on at the job centre only 3 jobs availible 2 of which require a cv so will probably have to wait for ages before i get a reply and 1 where i phone up about the job and was told the person i had to speak to was on holiday for three weeks wh at a waste of time so money now running out not able to put fuel in car to go and knock on doors as i have done for the last week or so .so back to the old leg work i think that there should be a fund set up for drivers to help them find work so can life get any worse not untill the wife comes home and i tell heres the bad news but will keep on trucking and walking :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :frowning: ps class1 driver looking for work uk and european tramping wasing plates or trucks or any job

How’s your forehead ? - still hurting from headbutting the wall :question: :unamused:

Do you have another job avenue that you could follow :question:

Oh, and Macdonalds is probably not for you now as it requires the server to have Zits :laughing: :laughing:

“life’s a ■■■■■” as they say, you’ve reached a low point. There’s only one way to go now :wink: good luck.

Tiger.

I’m sorry to hear of your situation, I’ve been there a few times. Think most of us have. When I first got my Class One no one would touch me as I did’nt have two years driving experience, for insurance purposes.
My only advice is keep the money coming in. Sign up with an agency, take anything that they have, build up a rapport with your recruitment consultant. keep in touch on a daily basis and you will be guaranteed that you will be their first call. Don’t refuse work, keep the money coming in.
There is nothing worse and more depressing than sitting about doing nothing earning no money.

Know the feeling Tom I’m there too, its bad alright. :frowning:

im there aswell.

5 agencys

no work in the last 5 weeks (least i dont have to carry any tachos with me i spose)
and running out of money fast

apllied for loads of jobs aswell but heard nothing back though some have a closing dat eof the end of the month but still why wait soo long.

im in the same boat aswell,have been since 1 st september.i ve got the problem of 2 years experience against me and i cant work mondays(long story)but i can work any hours any other days.still nothing.i ve had to take a job in a shop to stop the bailiffs knocking on my front door.got two kids and a mortgage etc im really woried.we should have our own little section on the forum titled "willing to work bloody hard and still cant get a job."the way things are going there would be more people on that part of the forum than the proffesional drivers section.really need a break,its driving me mad just looking for that break.

yep same situation here too. :confused:

same boat here im afraid. what little work there is about is crap money everyones chasing around for work that aint there. supprising 6 months ago the drivers had alot more to choose from

john

I know of five companys within 30 miles of Lincoln that have layed off drivers and other staff over last two weeks. Its getting harder out there folks!

Is this any good mate?

roadtransport.com/jobs/job/l … 143634.htm

hi is this any good

DHL/MK link

del

Hello mate.

I just joined the “got no bloody job” club on Friday.

I’ve called about a dozen companies and none are looking for jobs. One just laughed when I asked!!!

I drove 60 miles today just to pick up an application form from a company that might be looking for drivers. Any jobs I’ve seen are miles away. Have you tried Wincanton near Gloucester? (where are you based?)

I’m going to spend tomorrow doing a CV and just fire them off. Then next week I will have to sign on an agency, but I’m not holding my breath.

I went to the company that has just laid me off today and had a chat with one of the other drivers that is finished today. He said he is going to be tipping a container tomorrow on the agency for £6ph.

Good luck with the search.

Andy

clarkyboy:
im in the same boat aswell,have been since 1 st september.i ve got the problem of 2 years experience against me and i cant work mondays(long story)but i can work any hours any other days.still nothing.i ve had to take a job in a shop to stop the bailiffs knocking on my front door.got two kids and a mortgage etc im really woried.we should have our own little section on the forum titled "willing to work bloody hard and still cant get a job."the way things are going there would be more people on that part of the forum than the proffesional drivers section.really need a break,its driving me mad just looking for that break.

thought u went out on a days trial with sunhill transport last week? :confused: :confused:

whooshwhoosh:

clarkyboy:

thought u went out on a days trial with sunhill transport last week? :confused: :confused:

yes i did matewell it was more work experience than a triall i didnt actually drive,unfortunately i cant do mondays(long story to do with child care) and he only does monday to friday,but there was no garauntee of a job.the day at sunhill was really good and i learnt alot in 1 day.pete seams to be a top bloke and if the steel business wasnt slowing im sure he would have offerd me job as he seem to like my approach and attitude.spent half the day with trucker tim and he was sound,he absolutely loves the old truckin life.at the moment ive had to take a job in a shop to keep the money comin in with a mortgage and 2 young kids you have to do what you have to do.i m just applying and phoning every vacancy thats available and phoning companys out of the yellow pages.truckin is all ive ever wanted to do its just unfortunate ive come into the busineess at the wrong time.a mate of mine made the move 3 years ago and i justwish id done thesame butmy eldest had just been born so money was tight.

DAFMAD:

bloody hell daf what do you actually do as ever since i can remember you have been looking for a job.

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

bloody hell daf what do you actually do as ever since i can remember you have been looking for a job.

When seeking a job it don’t necessarily mean you haven’t got one already. For your information. Previously I already had a rather mundane job, and I was seeking a more suitable job to me. But, that job went part time, casual and I left thinking I’ll soon find a other. I did, but, turned to be a dodgy one.

And yourself ?

DAFMAD:

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

When seeking a job it don’t necessarily mean you haven’t got one already. For your information. Previously I already had a rather mundane job, and I was seeking a more suitable job to me. But, that job went part time, casual and I left thinking I’ll soon find a other. I did, but, turned to be a dodgy one.

And yourself ?

i working for my mate subbing to freightliner leeds, but at the moment they are dead and keeping all the work for their own drivers. but all is not lost cos im starting at freightliner leeds a week on monday.
at the moment ive only worked tues and a night out but nothing mon, today or tomorrow.

Yep, I’m in the same boat, life’s a ■■■■■ but…
The most annoying thing is that I live five minutes away from the UK’s biggest Port and what a dump it is. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you aint got a proper income stream
get to job centre and sign on
its your right