A bit down..

So the Council placement via Agency no longer need me anymore, to be fair I done well for what was only supposed to last a week back in March. So now I’m left without a job again. The artic shifts are temporary and only filling in for absentee’s etc. I’ve emailed them asking if there’s a chance it will become permanent etc…

I’ve managed to save up a grand in wages so I’ll be living off that at the moment in the hope that something full time comes up pronto but I’m not holding out much hope, since starting at the agency back in March I’ve been applying for jobs daily and only the shifts with Adamson is what I’ve managed to land.

Keep the chin up fella something will turn up as you`ve proved yourself. Best of luck matey :wink:

Sam. It’s hard out there. You are still considered a newbie with limited experience. Take whatever is offered and things will become easier. Summer Hols are coming up so more holiday cover will probably be needed. Keep your chin up mate

I really feel for you. I hate the way it’s so hard for young drivers to break into this industry. But as others have said wtick with it and something will turn up.

Thanks everyone, at least I have some money behind me to keep me on my feet for now. Not a big spender so it should see me okay.

switchlogic:
I really feel for you. I hate the way it’s so hard for young drivers to break into this industry. But as others have said wtick with it and something will turn up.

Thanks Luke, hope you keep the tutorials coming because it’s great for people like me and it saved my bacon the other night when the forkie never set my fridge. (they usually do, company told me he would as they knew i had no fridge experience)

Sorry to hear that the council job through the agency has come to an end, Nothing to do with you getting past the magical 12 weeks and then having parity was it?

I know how you feel. I am nearly two months into my new job but still part-time. I was promised it will be full-time within two to three months and I have no reason to disbelieve my boss, he has been totally honest about everything else up to now. So I am ‘managing’ on what I earn in the hope (belief) that things will soon get better.

One thing I have learned in my short time driving is that, unlike many industries, although jobs are hard to get they can just appear suddenly. The phone can ring and take you from down to up inside two minutes.

Keep on keeping on mate, it will come together.

Alan