Redbeck Cafe

in here tonight
good food cheery staff
free wifi :smiley:
and the price is right
B&B £26 bottle Newcastle £2.40

How much is parking there mate? Ain’t stayed there for donkeys.

Just checked their website, all upmarket now,ignore my previous request.

Isn’t there a low bridge very near there?

Yeah, don’t come out of there and turn right with a high load. I used to go around to the M62 at Normanton and then get on the A1 at Ferrybridge if heading for Doncaster. It’s a good shortcut through Ackworth though if you can make it under the bridges.

saturday night it gets full of clubbers on thier way home getting full breakfasts instead of kebabs. :wink:

whereabouts is it?

stopped there for breakfast and lunch lots of times,always good grub but watch out for the low bridge,
not sure but i think it’s 14’3.
It’s on the A638 between wakefield and ackworth.

great cafe if you look theres no lock on the door it never shuts not even christmas day fantastic breakfast

My mate uses that place quite a lot when he’s on CHEP pallets down that neck of the woods, beats Whitwood anytime.

I’ve whizzed down a few times in car or on bike to meet up for some grub with him at night when I was parked up in Leeds.

Only 4 miles to the east of my gaff.

The breakfast special used to be a full english with chips the last time I was in, and the local ITV news were in there on the day of the budget asking drivers about fuel and broadcasting live. Shame there was only about 5 trucks in at the time.

Ken.

It’s a decent place, but not easy to get to from the motorways. Well, it is “easy” enough to get to, it’s just that it’s a fair old trek and as mentioned it’s countryside detour to get to it from the east if you’re high.