red mist

been one of them days today everything seemed to be against me, [zb] on the road, [zb] tipping me the missus giving me greif on the phone :angry: so i ,ve got the right hump now ,gets back to the yard see,s the boss .nowt else to do so if i,ve got any jobs doing to the motor go and get it sorted in the workshop :smiley: :smiley: right so i,ve chilled a bit know i see the freindly fitter have a chat and a laugh , so i bring the lorry into the workshop, then the young annoying so called fitter who cant fit a (zb) light bulb starts trying to wind me up,ignore him i,m saying to myself ,but he keeps on and on by now i,m not listing to myself calming method,he,s really got at me now ,so he thought it would be funny to pull the hair,s on my arm,(it sounds childish i now but i HATE it) so i give him a verble warning, and he done it again , thats it i snapped,left hand went round his throat and about to give him a good hiddingā€¦ but the other fitter see what was going to happen and stopped me, so i went and had a cup of tea in our hut the boss came in 5 minuets later explained myself and told to go home early , its a sacking offence to fight on company property so lets see what happens tommorowā€¦ stupid to wind myself up like that ,but [zb] happens

(Sorry innit, little stars means its not allowed :wink: :wink: ā€¦ AndyM)

another five minutes andy and that fitter ad av been seeing stars :laughing: :laughing:

the :question: you have to ask yourself is do you like the job. if yes then next time walk away, if you donā€™t like the job then still walk away as if you get sacked for fighting then no one will take you on when they get your references through from your last employer.i know it can be frustrating at times and yes we all get dayā€™s like what you had today. but no-one is worth losing your job over. :wink:

Good days and bad days mate - we all have them.
At the end of the day, heā€™s turning nuts and youā€™r turning the wheels.
There is no easy answer to a stressful day,whether itā€™s the missus, the bills,the traffic, or not being able to get back to see the kids parentā€™s evening or the carol concert at Christmas.
In my experience, stress and anger build up over a period of time.
The only way I have overcome it is to take a few days of your holiday off and chill out before you punch someone.
If the boss donā€™t like it - be straight with him .

Itā€™s always worked for me and you end up looking forward to going back to work.
If you donā€™t, start looking for something else.

Cheers mate.

innit

I would have bopped him on the conk! :open_mouth:

I know, but you can take the trucker out of the manā€¦ but you can never take the man out of the Trucker!

One thing to remember is in this day and age Good truckers dont get sacked unless they have 1 more than they need! :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Dont worry if you part with them its because some one, somewhere else is looking for a good driver with your name on a brand new topliner :laughing: :smiley:

I think you will find that pulling the hairs on your arm could be considered as assault, so your actions might be considered self defence.

I would have bopped him on the conk

yeah sound advise critic if you want to remain on the dole. :imp:

do you honestly think that another company would take this man on board if he found out he got sacked for fighting on company premises :question: :blush:

i know what your saying is the natural action for any person, but it takes a bigger man to walk away from trouble, rather than stand there and fight. :sunglasses:

at the end of the day you might have got your point across to the person that was annoying you. but heā€™s still in a job whilst your down the dole looking for work and mayby the police station facing assault charges. :angry:

so innit as said in another post take a few days off and get yourself sorted out and return to work stress free and enjoy what you do best driving the :wink: trucks. :wink:

kitkat:
I would have bopped him on the conk

yeah sound advise critic if you want to remain on the dole. :imp:

I wasnā€™t giving him advise infact he had arready done the deed :open_mouth:
I was mearly stating what I would have done!

BTW I have never been sacked in any job, so I must be doing somthing right with over 20 years of unblemished records! :smiley: :smiley:

innit:
been one of them days today everything seemed to be against me, [zb] on the road, [zb] tipping me the missus giving me greif on the phone :angry: so i ,ve got the right hump now ,gets back to the yard see,s the boss .nowt else to do so if i,ve got any jobs doing to the motor go and get it sorted in the workshop :smiley: :smiley: right so i,ve chilled a bit know i see the freindly fitter have a chat and a laugh , so i bring the lorry into the workshop, then the young annoying so called fitter who cant fit a (zb) light bulb starts trying to wind me up,ignore him i,m saying to myself ,but he keeps on and on by now i,m not listing to myself calming method,he,s really got at me now ,so he thought it would be funny to pull the hair,s on my arm,(it sounds childish i now but i HATE it) so i give him a verble warning, and he done it again , thats it i snapped,left hand went round his throat and about to give him a good hiddingā€¦ but the other fitter see what was going to happen and stopped me, so i went and had a cup of tea in our hut the boss came in 5 minuets later explained myself and told to go home early , its a sacking offence to fight on company property so lets see what happens tommorowā€¦ stupid to wind myself up like that ,but [zb] happens

:smiling_imp: Sounds a bit like me, apart from the hair pulling bit :smiley: . Iā€™ll let things build up and will stand for people taking the [zb] with stuff/work and [zb] me about without saying a thing until such a point comes when enough is enough and I blow my fuse :angry: and when it blows, IT BLOWS :smiley: ā€¦Funnily enough, this week itā€™s been CAR DRIVERS WHO DAWDLE ALONG ON MOTORWAYS DOING -50MPH amongst other things :angry:

You have my sympathy; these things happen. After all, weā€™re only humans not machines :slight_smile:

i,ve been kept out of the way today, talk about chinese whispers the other drivers have phoned me with diffrent storys about it from putting him on his backside to him going blue in the face :open_mouth: but no more has been said on the matter so far,so lets see if i get a warning letter in the pay packet next week , kit kat i love my job but this [zb] had it coming job or no jobā€¦if it wasn,t me one of the other driver would have done it, and they would all back me ,if it comes to the crunch

You didnā€™t even try with that one!L. :wink:

innit:
i,ve been kept out of the way today, talk about chinese whispers the other drivers have phoned me with diffrent storys about it from putting him on his backside to him going blue in the face :open_mouth: but no more has been said on the matter so far,so lets see if i get a warning letter in the pay packet next week , kit kat i love my job but this [zb] had it coming job or no jobā€¦if it wasn,t me one of the other driver would have done it, and they would all back me ,if it comes to the crunch

You didnā€™t even try with that one!L. :wink:

hi innit, i can see where your coming from.all iā€™m trying to say is, donā€™t let this pratt tarnish you record,if you need to sort it try and do it off company premises and this way it ainā€™t got anything to do with them.look after number one as no matter what other drivers say thats what they would do,iā€™v seen it happen to many times b4.people say that they will back you,but when it comes to it youā€™ll only get 1 or 2 that will back you.take care mate donā€™t want to see a good driver get the rap for some pratt that ainā€™t worth the bother. :wink:

this so called fitter has completly blanked me since the incident well who can blame himā€¦any way my motor was in for a inspection and a service and this dirty rotten fitter thought it was funny to put his hands in used engine oil and leave his paw prints on the bumper .but beforei could say anything the govenor was walking past :laughing: :laughing: MY GOD i,ve never seen him blow his top until today :open_mouth: he was brought right down to size and was asked why he had done this deed, then it all came out about me nearly strangling him and he was getting his own back the govenor looked at me and said was this true , i owned up to it as i had nowt to hide , HE SAID to kick his (zb) arse next time, and told him to wash the motor when finished :smiley: :smiley: so im off the hook

Thecritic:
innit

I know, but you can take the trucker out of the manā€¦ but you can never take the man out of the Trucker!

One thing to remember is in this day and age Good truckers dont get sacked unless they have 1 more than they need! :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Dont worry if you part with them its because some one, somewhere else is looking for a good driver with your name on a brand new topliner :laughing: :smiley:

Good on ya innit!!
see I told ya!!
Kitkat Its the way of the world!
Man gets upset because of Tithead Man smacks Tithead!

I broke a security guards nose once.

I had been driving for three days (with all appropriate breaks :smiley: ) to get a load delivered to the UK urgently. When I booked in at the gate, I was told that all the usual PPE would need to be worn on site. ā€œNo problem, Iā€™ve got everything in the cabā€, was my reply. I pulled into a waiting slot, picked up my vest and climbed out of the cab. As I was walking round to the passenger side, to change from clogs to boots, putting on my yellow vest, I met another security guard. He looked down at my clogs, looked up into my face, grinned and stepped up onto my toes, both feet.
I gave him a Gorbals Kiss, which broke his nose but got him off my feet. :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:
When I was quizzed about the incident by the site manager, I simply claimed an automatic reaction to being assualted is to fight back. The manager looked confused at that so I told him to check the security cameras. They backed me up, so I was left to get on with the drop. What happened to the security guard I donā€™t know, I never went back there.

Thecritic:

Thecritic:
innit

Good on ya innit!!
see I told ya!!
Kitkat Its the way of the world!
Man gets upset because of Tithead Man smacks Tithead!

critic if you want to go round and tell other people that itā€™s alright to hit someone then thatā€™s your choice.weather ppl listen to you is a different story.all i said was itā€™s not worth losing the job over weather itā€™s the best job or the worst job in the world your reputation as a trouble maker will follow you.and yes there may be a driver shortage out there ,but companies are still fussy who they take on.and if innit has the reputation of being a trouble maker then no company will take him on.no matter how good a driver he is.( innit iā€™m not saying you are a trouble maker just using your name as this thread is all about your situation ) thereā€™s a time and a place for everything critic and fighting on company premises ainā€™t the right place.

kitkat:
thereā€™s a time and a place for everything critic and fighting on company premises ainā€™t the right place.

unless someone steps on your toes!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if anyone wants to take criticā€™s advise then feel free, i give up it seems a waste of time trying to stop someone here from getting the sack,when you have critic telling the guy to land the fitter a punch.am i missing something here :bulb: please help me if i am.or was it my fault that i was brought up to learn how to control myself without hitting out.mayby i should quit this industry and find some job where you donā€™t need violence to make your point. :confused:

innit:
so he thought it would be funny to pull the hair,s on my arm,(it sounds childish i now but i HATE it) so i give him a verble warning, and he done it again , thats it i snapped

innit you gave him a verbal warningā€¦ well if the fitterā€™s stupid /immature enough not to know when someones had enough then itā€™s his own fault.

When I was younger I was brought up to except that stop ment stop not go on do it again.