Cancel

Cancel

JON LAD:
overtook the prat afterwards and cut in front of him … Grrrr :smiling_imp:

So you lowered yourself to his level?

JON LAD:
Any drivers get complaints via phone to your company / boss with regard to your driving ■■

Its usually another road user that causes chaos, then calls to implicate you and your driving as at fault…when you give em a piece of there own medicine… :smiling_imp:

Like the idiot that tried to side swipe me by cutting in front of me nearly taking the front off the sprinter i was driving that day… so overtook the prat afterwards and cut in front of him … he then rings up complaining… Grrrr :smiling_imp:

Well you got what you deserved if you reacted by cutting him up again. It’s bound to happen when the company phone number/email address is plastered all over your vehicle. Remember that you represent your company while driving their vehicles too. Could have been a customer or potential customer you cut up. Things like that can lead your boss to loose work, so I reckon he would be well within his rights to have a go at you for your driving standard.:slight_smile:

Well… yes in a word i did let myself react… maybe i was stressed and let my usual standards drop… normally i would of just laughed :grimacing:

Cancel

Cancel

Calm down Jon Lad, you’re going to get yourself into trouble or cause yourself a mischief if you carry on like that.

I hope this helps.

Thanks SCF… Your comments taken onboard :wink:

Your buggered if you react your buggered if you dont i agree that the standerd of driving isnt wot it was and i would be the last person to say that i have never reacted and done to them as they do to you ( not many can say hand on heart they havent) in 30 odd years of driving its an occupational hazard i have an advantage that i ve worked for myself all that time but if your boss dosent understand wot is a key part of the job and on the strength of a phone call gives you pain then it up to him to ask the person concerned to either put it in writing stating their problem and he will look into it. You will find that very few ever follow it through he either backs you or not if not the next time he asks for a favour which means pushing it abit do it but at your pace but dont have a heart attack over it after 20 0dd years youve earned that experience is something earned remember their are Drivers and there are Screwdrivers ! head up foot down.

Cancel

Do you REALLY want me to comment on bosses who take sides? :confused:

JON LAD:
Like the idiot that tried to side swipe me by cutting in front of me nearly taking the front off the sprinter i was driving that day… so overtook the prat afterwards and cut in front of him … he then rings up complaining… Grrrr :smiling_imp:

Or the prat that tries overtaking me while im indicating ans making a manouvre into lane 2 on an A road… driving a 26 Tonner that day… i got past further up the road… we got stopped at traffic lights …so i nipped out to tell the driver they were lucky not to have run in the side of me… politely i may ad… she rings up crying apparently saying i was abusive…

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, once may be regarded as a misfortune, twice looks like carelessness.
:wink:

JON LAD:
Very true norfolk. He has asked me to slow down… which i am doing like you say its a no win situation… especially when our phone number is about a foot tall on curtains and on back door too :grimacing:

We are somtimes put under undue pressure, as we run airfreight and a Sameday Operation alongside one another… :wink:

I see some companies have just company name and maybe web address :smiley:

I worked for myself for 12 years so i know about exaggerated joe public phone calls … when they are whiter than white :grimacing:

^ THIS ^

bigvern1:
Do you REALLY want me to comment on bosses who take sides? :confused:

Yes please Ade…thankyou.

No…It makes no difference now. :wink:

The spineless ■■■■■■■ that act like ■■■■ then call up the work and moan about you,belong in the same (burn in hell for eternity) catagory as traffic wardens and the fannies that sit in the back of speed camera vans.

In a nutshell…I was told about 2 occasions that were false. And I put my hands up for giving a taxi driver what for. The 2 previous allegations counted against me. I never missed a deadline, was never late for a collection/delivery. No sickness and never had so much as a puncture. These people are just arse holes.

I was indicating to overtake another lorry and got flashed out by a smart car and someone else behind called the office to say that I had pulled out right in front of a smart car and “nearly killed him”. :unamused:

I once had a guy in a range rover triedto drive under the wheels of the low loader (laden with a D9) at a roundabout he totaly misjudged it ened up on the grass in the centre not my prob had done evry thing right had marker boards flashing beacons all the bells and whistles all aok . Came hurtling past waving phone shaking fist ect i just plodded on 2/3 mile further on plod in layby with matey plod pulled me in never spoke matey big grin plod asked for taco movement order waiked round found nothing (waggon n trailor been in for inspection night before) reported back to matey who came striding across wanting to know what i had to say for myself until he came out with the phrase was i aware of his status I replied that if he had altsimers he shuddent realy be driving plod half broke into asmile i asked had they any other reason to keep me their bit of a confrence sent on my way do you know im still not sure who he was. Somedays are Diamonds some days are stone

I was once delivering to a school. Reversed onto the car park and started to unfold the tail lift and this woman starts beeping her horn saying I should let her out as I was now blocking her in, I wasn’t, and she was late for somewhere. I asked, politely if she should be in the school car park as there was sign 5 feet tall saying it was for authorised visitors only and not for dropping off children. Best of it was you could have got a bus through to gap I’d left and I said as much. Not arsey I didn’t think but I said I wasn’t going to move and if she had problem then we should go into the school, who afterwards agreed with me and said she shouldn’t have been where she was.
This woman then tried to get through the gap which you could have easily got through and bumped my lorry, nothing major just a bit of paint off the side runner.
She then bagan a rant at me and complained to my boss saying I’d bumped into her. To be fair he agreed with me but asked why I’d had an attitude with her. I’d said nothing out of place, the lying cow made up allsorts that I’d said when I hadn’t.