Transport Manager

I know there is a thread on here for reports on TM`S for the magazine, but this is for those of you who did not see it, I am at the moment working on agency work, due to my wife who has a illness and may require an op, I have not taken on full time work as I did not want to be taken time out all the time and caussing problems for the company, any way I have been working with a rather large firm in liquid waiste driving artics with tanker trailers, but there seems to be what we army guys call a blue line in Cyprus between the drivers and the TM, if any one says good morning to him or just high, he ignors them, the depot manager who has been off sick for a while returned unexpectadly and was asked to leave the office and was then locked out, one driver who was going on holiday abroard wanted an extra day added to his time off to prep for the flight, he told him no, he was only entitled to ten working days, rearrange the flight.If you telephone the office and he answers he is very ubrupt then puts the phone down on you, all the depot drivers have complained to the HR department and sent them a letter where they all signed it, even one of the companies we use to dispose of our loads have also contacted the head office about him, but he still runs the roost, he is an ex driver who has been made up to the possition he now runs,he repremands drivers for the same things he did as a driver, and has even had them sent home.
I dont think I will be there long, but if I get treated the same way it wont be the load Ill be tipping.

Get out mate, life’s too short.

I worked for a similar bloke and it cost me a very happy relationship, I got so used to being treated like dirt I started doing the same to her even though she meant the world to me, I didn’t realise I was doing it until she said goodbye :frowning:

I cant see a bunch of drivers putting up with it forever though, he’ll be in for a kicking sooner or later :smiling_imp:

Darkseeker I have heard the same thing happenning to one of the drivers there, to save his marraige he left. but as a clue to the company involved, they are to be on channel 4 at 9pm on thursday 12th August the program is “Under Cover Boss” unfortunately the depot and person concerend are not in it, what a shame.

Cant say I’ve ever seen any of their trucks about but what I said still stands. Didn’t you say you’re an agency driver? Shouldn’t be too difficult to get away from it if you are…

Darkseeker, I think you have seen there vehicles about, they have a very large fleet, some 6000 vehicles through the uk. and yes being an agency driver does make it easy to leave, but the group that are based at the depot are a good bunch of guys, and the atmosphere among the drivers is good, untill the TM shows his face then it all changes,I would consider working there full time, but NOT with the current management, its a dirty job I know but I do enjoy it, and theres no hand balling just pushing buttons, coushty.