Ever had one of those days?

had a funny old day on monday where every thing went wrong

got sent up to a place in Stafford to collect a transformer only to be told its not here but at a freight forwarders in West Brom ,drives to the address gets to the gate and the security monkey says " dont forget to hand your keys into the transport office before theyll load you"

goes into the office and gets asked for my keys, now heres the funny bit my truck has got a hiab on it and I knew that the only way to,get the transformer on is either use a crane or the hiab. About 20 minutes after arriving a forklift driver comes out looking sheepish and tells me that my load has to craned on with my hiab as there forklift wont lift 15 tonne and it was deliverd with a truck with a hiab on

I goes back into the transport office to get my keys so I can get the transformer loaded only for the woman behind the glass to tell me she cant give me my keys back as the truck isnt loaded .So I told her what the forklift driver had told me and she just slammed the window shut on me ( do they employ anti social folk specially in transport offices ■■? )

so goes back to the truck rings my boss tells him whats happening and he tells me to stay there and he’ll ring them and sort it, 3 hours later I finally got my keys back and my truck loaded
and then to top it all get an earbending when I finally arrived in Crewe for being 5 hours late as the job is behind schedule

then to make it the perfect end to the perfect day I got a flat tyre just as Iwas coming off the site and sat there for another 2 hours waiting for the tyre fitter.

glad I’m off for the rest of this week

PMSL :laughing: . Love the HIAB part - typical of the goons that work in offices - haven’t got a bloody clue. :laughing:

I don’t know where people get off being so rude …Slamming in the door in your face :open_mouth: Thick ■■■■■ …I would have had to have a few words and put an official complaint in just to ■■■■ her off more and hopefully get her thick ■■■■■ ■■■ sacked :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
I don’t know where people get off being so rude …Slamming in the door in your face :open_mouth: Thick ■■■■■ …I would have had to have a few words and put an official complaint in just to ■■■■ her off more and hopefully get her thick ■■■■■ ■■■ sacked :laughing: :laughing:

I will second that , no reason to slam a door in your face , cheeky cow , esp as you was only passing on a message from the forklift driver ! :exclamation:

if id been in a bad enough mood id have demanded my keys back as i was leaving the site without the load, and if they refused, threaten to call the police

I’m bloody glad i don’t have a job that ever involves having to hand the keys over.

If I had my own motors, my drivers would have instructions never to give the keys to anybody without prior arrangement. Especially if it were a lorry with a big crane on it. I’ve heard of at least one local firm here that’ve been hijacked.

I did ask one site foreman if he wanted the keys once though, since he seemed so confidant it was possible to reverse in somewhere.

I don’t think I’d have kept my temper if I’d have been in your shoes Andydisco.

Or just go to the nearest store and buy her some tampax. Cheeky cow

I always carry a pen and paper when I am dealing with someone like that.
I write down the situation and get them to sign it, then you have it on paper, with their name, that they are being the ■■■.
Something like:

I [idiots name] understand that the load in the yard carried by [companies name] requires the HIAB crane on the vehicle to unload it, I also understand that the crane will not operate without the vehicle keys.

I have refused the driver his keys until the load is tipped, which I fully understand is not possible without the keys, therefore I am willfully obstructing the unloading of the vehicle

[signed]

They’ll soon give you your keys when you make them put pen to paper (plus office people love signing things)

Alex

Normally I’d of had a good old moan and a row but it being monday morning and being a bit chuffed at finding out I was going to get the rest of the week off :slight_smile: I just let her rant on and walked off

at least I now know what to expect from there in the future when I go but the next time I’ll be keeping the truck keys and hand over the bunch of keys that I have just found in my odds n ends drawer off a car that I sold years ago

And your company will be billing them for the three hours you had to wait thats the way to deal with them

Im going to rename this post “Have you had one of those weeks?”

I was in France last week and parked outside the loading address. I was booked in for 8am so had a couple of beers and made a meal. A Polish guy then parked behind me and knocked on my door. He showed me a piece of paper with a delivery address on, it was the same as mine and a consecutive order number. I told him Tomorrow at 8am and pointed the way.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a truck shunting back and forth, made a cup of tea and saw this fool trying to get past me but his way was blocked by another truck from Lithuania.

I went round to the loading point and was given my papers. The Pole was already backing onto the bay that I wanted. I went outside and told him that I am English old chap and we have a sense of fairness & in the old country we queue like they used to for their bread :stuck_out_tongue: This didnt work so physical violence was used instead :wink:

Eventually this thick driver pulled off the bay and I got onto the bay and was being loaded when the Pole came in and pointed at his reference number. the guy told him it was for tomorrow, He was shouting. The export man was shouting and then I started shouting.

In the meantime the Lithuanian had come into the office and pushed his papers on top of mine. The Pole was ignored, the LT driver was told that he must use Reception in Porte 2 round the corner, this was Expedition.

I told him this bay was only for loading, the goods inward was round the corner at Gate 2. I told him that this is Laden, Einfullen Beladen Chargement, Export, in fact anything. The other side was Reception, Goods in, Entladung,
Entleering.

Absolutely no response except for a mobile phone thrust into my hand, “Chef, Chef,” I presumed he wanted us to explain the problem to his boss. A Dutch driver tried explaining using lots more expressions before announcing that the bloke was stoopid :stuck_out_tongue:

Im loaded now, so I pull off the bay and collect my paperwork which was stamped and signed. There was also a booking delivery stamp on the notes.

As I left there was a continuing argument between the Polish guy and the Dutch guy as the Pole was going to sit on the bay till he was loaded. :unamused:

So Im on my way to my customer in West Thurrock for a 6am delivery the next morning. I reached Ashford that evening and went to bed. My paperwork stated 6am my boss had told me 6am and the computer said 6am. It also said on the paperwork that deliveries to *** plant must arrive within 45 minutes of booking slot.

The fun starts here:

I pull up at the gatehouse at 05.35 and was verbally abused by some old trout with a security badge. I asked her what her problem was? “You are not allowed on site before 6am” Well its about 5.30 I said, so by the time you weigh me in and I get on the delivery point with curtains open it will be 6am.

I showed her the extra stamp with the 45 minute instruction and she accused me of writing that on, even though it was a rubber stamp :open_mouth: All the time I kept my cool because I could see that this was winding her up and the more polite I was, the worse she became. She said that she was not allowed to open the gates until 6 and I had to park on the street. I asked her to double check. she called a number and I heard her say, Well they havent told me, It should be in the log.

I calmly suggested that maybe someone had forgot, and it wasnt worth getting so upset. This annoyed her even more as she raised the barrier and slammed the window shut. I knocked on the window to ask for my papers. She nearly threw them at me as I said maybe she could consider a career change and my final shot was “Have a nice day” :smiley:

By the time I got round to goods inwards the guy said that he had a complaint from the security about me. I asked how anyone could complain about my good wishes. He said you wont get tipped here again. OK. I havent been tipped anyway, do you want the load? Of course we do. Then I shall open my curtains so you can get round to me when you have finished your cup of tea.

I have never been tipped so fast in Proctor and Gamble in my life and was leaving there by 6.30 :laughing:

Unfortunately my new found friend on security had either jumped into the river or finished her shift so I didnt get the chance to say bye bye.

Im not sure whether my ban will be upheld but Im looking forward to going back to try.

Sorry if it dragged on.

Wheel Nut:
Unfortunately my new found friend on security had either jumped into the river or finished her shift so I didnt get the chance to say bye bye.

:smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

The complaint reached the office this week and there is now an investigation. All it proves so far is the security woman is a lying cow :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Im going to rename this post “Have you had one of those weeks?”

I was in France last week and parked outside the loading address. I was booked in for 8am so had a couple of beers and made a meal. A Polish guy then parked behind me and knocked on my door. He showed me a piece of paper with a delivery address on, it was the same as mine and a consecutive order number. I told him Tomorrow at 8am and pointed the way.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a truck shunting back and forth, made a cup of tea and saw this fool trying to get past me but his way was blocked by another truck from Lithuania.

I went round to the loading point and was given my papers. The Pole was already backing onto the bay that I wanted. I went outside and told him that I am English old chap and we have a sense of fairness & in the old country we queue like they used to for their bread :stuck_out_tongue: This didnt work so physical violence was used instead :wink:

Eventually this thick driver pulled off the bay and I got onto the bay and was being loaded when the Pole came in and pointed at his reference number. the guy told him it was for tomorrow, He was shouting. The export man was shouting and then I started shouting.

In the meantime the Lithuanian had come into the office and pushed his papers on top of mine. The Pole was ignored, the LT driver was told that he must use Reception in Porte 2 round the corner, this was Expedition.

I told him this bay was only for loading, the goods inward was round the corner at Gate 2. I told him that this is Laden, Einfullen Beladen Chargement, Export, in fact anything. The other side was Reception, Goods in, Entladung,
Entleering.

Absolutely no response except for a mobile phone thrust into my hand, “Chef, Chef,” I presumed he wanted us to explain the problem to his boss. A Dutch driver tried explaining using lots more expressions before announcing that the bloke was stoopid :stuck_out_tongue:

Im loaded now, so I pull off the bay and collect my paperwork which was stamped and signed. There was also a booking delivery stamp on the notes.

As I left there was a continuing argument between the Polish guy and the Dutch guy as the Pole was going to sit on the bay till he was loaded. :unamused:

So Im on my way to my customer in West Thurrock for a 6am delivery the next morning. I reached Ashford that evening and went to bed. My paperwork stated 6am my boss had told me 6am and the computer said 6am. It also said on the paperwork that deliveries to *** plant must arrive within 45 minutes of booking slot.

The fun starts here:

I pull up at the gatehouse at 05.35 and was verbally abused by some old trout with a security badge. I asked her what her problem was? “You are not allowed on site before 6am” Well its about 5.30 I said, so by the time you weigh me in and I get on the delivery point with curtains open it will be 6am.

I showed her the extra stamp with the 45 minute instruction and she accused me of writing that on, even though it was a rubber stamp :open_mouth: All the time I kept my cool because I could see that this was winding her up and the more polite I was, the worse she became. She said that she was not allowed to open the gates until 6 and I had to park on the street. I asked her to double check. she called a number and I heard her say, Well they havent told me, It should be in the log.

I calmly suggested that maybe someone had forgot, and it wasnt worth getting so upset. This annoyed her even more as she raised the barrier and slammed the window shut. I knocked on the window to ask for my papers. She nearly threw them at me as I said maybe she could consider a career change and my final shot was “Have a nice day” :smiley:

By the time I got round to goods inwards the guy said that he had a complaint from the security about me. I asked how anyone could complain about my good wishes. He said you wont get tipped here again. OK. I havent been tipped anyway, do you want the load? Of course we do. Then I shall open my curtains so you can get round to me when you have finished your cup of tea.

I have never been tipped so fast in Proctor and Gamble in my life and was leaving there by 6.30 :laughing:

Im not sure whether my ban will be upheld but Im looking forward to going back to try.

Sorry if it dragged on.

Yea lovely place mate,i used to take material in there from procters at amiens.