Random Truck Photos (Euro 89 - 92)

Hi All,

Found some photos while searching, from around 89 to 92 while I was on European.

Thought I’d post them to see if anybody can remember them.

Enjoy:

Photobucket
1st Magnum I saw when they were 1st launched - taken in Bremen

Photobucket
My truck - taken near Interlachen (Swiss)

Photobucket
Taken Dutch - German border Neiderdorf

Photobucket
Taken Haniels - Bremen

Photobucket
Dover - 90

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next photo was taken on the Autobahn from Nurunburg to Munich while parked on a bank holiday, it started to rain very heavy, a dog ran out onto the road from the service station and this guy hit his brakes and did the best set of spins I have ever seen. Hit every barrier, boot burst open and stuff flew everywhere, the old guy and old woman got out unhurt, shaken and stir’d !!!

Dog walked off looking bemused at what had happened. !! Me and the Danish Driver next to me could’nt stop laughing (not right I know, but when somethings funny - you got to laugh!!)

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

Was that a W.M.Young truck you were driving?

Just seen your other post about “homes on the road”,

guess it wasn’t a WMY truck then?

Last time i heard Lee Durose was running the JSL reincarnation of EddieStobart International in warrington,.

Case of Poacher turned Gamekeeper i think…?

Moral of that story is " don’t hit the brakes when a dog runs out in front of you.
Run the f$#@er over!!!
GS

Toowise,

guess it wasn’t a WMY truck then?

Last time i heard Lee Durose was running the JSL reincarnation of EddieStobart International in warrington,.

No it wasn’t a WM young truck, I drove for an Irish guy based in Blythe Bridge - Brendan Henvey, subing for Frans Mass for a while before returning to Lee, used to run with Marks lads a lot, The F12 Globetrotter in FM colours is Popeyes old motor, who drove for Mark and Big H was on with Brendan when I started with him, he had the Scania E642 SON before I did.

I call to see Mark now and again, he’s scaled down now to what he had, seems less stressed, only runs about 6 now, does not do alot of European either, like everybody else, says it’s not worth it.

Lee is back running for himself again, runs about 5 trucks, spoke to him last week, I worked for him and his Dad for about 7-8 years.

I’ve only one photo of Marks trucks.

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

Hi all,

Found a few more - Showmans trucks taken in 1990 in Hamburg

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taken in 89 - Wolfratshafen Nr Munich

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this is on the services Nr Carlisle in about 94

Photobucket

Santa Pod - 96

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

Ant was that BIG H who done that tv program to italy in a daf 95 in the 90’s

K.Adams:
Ant was that BIG H who done that tv program to italy in a daf 95 in the 90’s

There was a guy named big H (Howard) from Bristol (Davies Turner) who did a trip to Istanbul which was shown in the mid 90’s, I don’t know as there was one done to Italy, although it does show you H running down the Aosta valley.

Regards
Ant

Nice pictures …i guess you like american trucks then… :laughing:

truckyboy:
Nice pictures …i guess you like american trucks then… :laughing:

Truckboy,

Yes - love the look of them, although my dreams were shattered when I drove a 1979 Kenworth Aerodine, driver part of the cab was tiny and it shook me to bits - roadtested one in 91 with an idea of buying it to set up on my own - soon changed my mind !!!

Regards
Ant